Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    A Centro OS build on the Treo Pro - an epic solution for us peeps who are waiting for:
    - webOS to mature a little
    - another form factor
    - Pre2 or just want a slimmer Treo/Centro form factor to sport our trusty and comprehensive Palm OS

I present, Treo Pro for Palm OS:
    http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...propalmoss.jpg
    See it was meant to be! [SkinUI skin: "Shadows"]

The hardware design is fundamentally the same as the Centro but with benefits. Though there are hurdles and obvious potential limitations, WiFi, GPS etc. Even more epic (very unlikey) if they could be hacked, run TX/Centro OS in tandem so you can have Wifi and a phone together on Palm OS.

Would there, even in theory , be a way to hack and load a custom Palm OS ROM onto the Treo Pro (or any windows mobile device)?

My Centro has probably got another year max in it but I just want to stick around with Palm OS for a little longer. I would definitely pay money for the hack. What do you reckon?

(Qualifier: Pre/webOS IS amazing and awesome and wonderful and more, it just can't offer what Palm OS can at this time)
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I'm guessing no one liked the idea or thought it was possible... Any other Centro users who would like this?

Dang, cos I really want to do it... does anyone know where I could inquire about it? xda doesn't seem interested in Palm OS.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Centro 2 = EOS/Pixie (WebOS) - No more PalmOS.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I know, I was just wondering whether a hack is feasible..
    I'm sure with 1 year webOS will see a lot of improvements already, judging by the pace seen now.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    If tour a Centro user, a long time ago Dimitry Gins(can't spell it) was creating an OS front. Wonder if anything happened of that. He was going to call it DGOS. Maybe he can make it emulatorable (huh?) on a winmo device thus accessing wifi & more.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I'm sure with 1 year webOS will see a lot of improvements already, judging by the pace seen now.
    Yup, at this pace we might even catch up to the PalmOS PIM features in 4 years!
    --WhoAmI--
    Sprint Palm Treo 700p with MR --> Palm Pre

T-Money is now available for the webOS! Financial planning has never been easier.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    If tour a Centro user, a long time ago Dimitry Gins(can't spell it) was creating an OS front. Wonder if anything happened of that. He was going to call it DGOS. Maybe he can make it emulatorable (huh?) on a winmo device thus accessing wifi & more.
    Dmitry Grinberg, it's still happening: DGOS

I might hit him up.