1.    #1  
    I searched and didn't find anything on this, but if you go to Palm's site, they only have a Pre, Treo Pro and Centro listed. I think this is smart except I know some want a PRO feature set with the PalmOS, not WebOS.

Many have discussed that they had too many hardware/software combos and the hardware/software split hurt the brand (particularly since WM sucks outside of corporate IT shops).

Is this a good move? Will there be any further development of 3rd party PalmOS apps (upgrades or new apps)?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    yes, its a good move.

The POS is an aging, in OS terms ancient, OS that they can't really support any longer. Its time to cut ties with it completely. I figure the Centro will eventually be phased out as well, being the last POS device supported.
    Isn't that the case for quite some time already... Last time I saw a TX on the website was long enough I don't even remember.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I hope they keep the Palm OS around for a while. It is still very useful, and my Centro works like a charm.
    On the Palm site they list the Centro OS as "Access Powered"
    That's because Access owns PalmOS. As for "Pro" features with PalmOS, the Centro is at least as functional as any PalmOS smartphone ever released by Palm.