1.    #1  
    I went to a party last night and there were several iPhone users. I was discussing the phone with my brother (who also has an iPhone). He loved the Pre, and was ooing and ahhing. (i know, what was I doing at a party with iPhone fan boys).

Then the discussion began. The iPhone guys began to bash the Pre.

Here is what I learned....(some of you may already have known this, but it was eye opening to me).

1. Apple = Religion......& you can't argue religion. (well you can, but won't win).

2. Instead of being happy that Palm introduced a phone which good or bad had the effect of Apple lowering the price of a product that these guys were going to buy anyway, they were upset. How dare Palm? (Are you kidding, if Audi or Ford or whoever, could get BMW to drop the price of an M3 by 50%, I would certainly not be mad at them.)

3. It turns out, the iPhone is a symbol of elitisim to that crowd. They don't want the unwashed masses tainting their symbol. Hence they want to pay more for a product no one has.

4. Only in religious discussion, can you not get the opposing sides to agree that the term "better" is not absolute. Better depends on the features and benefits that the user wants. I could say a "Jitterbug" phone is better than an iPhone or a Pre, if the user is a 99 year old, who only wants to press # 2 and call her only remaining grandchild.
    Thank you
    Good point. I just couldn't figure out why they come to a Pre forum and post non-helpful comments.
    Just tell them.. it's better then the iPhone. Thats a FACT.. lol see how they react!

Then challenge them.. to listen to Pandora... WHILE getting the score to a baseball game.. AND tell them to send you a txt message while your at it.

I know I know.. we don't have the lightsaber yet.. or the farting app that has millions downloads itself.

Just look them in the eye.. say the Pre KILLS the iPhone.. and get them all fired up.. and walk away.. 15 minutes later. go back and say it again.. then walk away... Repeat till they are drained. LoL
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I love the jitter bug i think im going to add a line on my account hahahah instead of send and end it says yes or no hahahaha
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I work in sales where we have alot of Iphone users and more than half of those users are switching to the Pre. They think the Iphone is ok but can't stand AT&T service and the ir pricing. They all feel that the Pre is a better business and personal phone than the Iphone. They also like to spend less on a superior service.
    600P, 700P, Current 800W
    Daughter Centro
    http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com...elief-minutes/ The ultimate smartphone!!!!!!
    The Pre has plenty of fanboys of its own.
  7.    #7  
    Funny side note. I bet a iPhone fanboy my Pre, vs. his iPhone that my M3 could get better gas mileage than his Prius.

youtube.com and search M3 vs. Prius

When the video was done. He slid the iPhone to me across the table and i threw it in the pool without hesitation. No kidding.

If my Pre would have had a video recorder, I would have posted the video. Just goes to show the Pre is not perfect.

2008 BMW M3 = $86,340
    Palm Pre (to show the video clip) = $199.00
    Look on a iPhone Fan Boy's face = Priceless
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Then challenge them.. to listen to Pandora... WHILE getting the score to a baseball game.. AND tell them to send you a txt message while your at it.
    This could easily backfire if the iPhone user tells you to look something up on Google Maps while on a phone call

-n8
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Just tell them.. it's better then the iPhone. Thats a FACT.. lol see how they react!

I know I know.. we don't have the lightsaber yet.. or the farting app that has millions downloads itself.

Just look them in the eye.. say the Pre KILLS the iPhone.. and get them all fired up.. and walk away.. 15 minutes later. go back and say it again.. then walk away... Repeat till they are drained. LoL

This thread delivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Funny side note. I bet a iPhone fanboy my Pre, vs. his iPhone that my M3 could get better gas mileage than his Prius.

youtube.com and search M3 vs. Prius

When the video was done. He slid the iPhone to me across the table and i threw it in the pool without hesitation. No kidding.

If my Pre would have had a video recorder, I would have posted the video. Just goes to show the Pre is not perfect.

2008 BMW M3 = $86,340
    Palm Pre (to show the video clip) = $199.00
    Look on a iPhone Fan Boy's face = Priceless
    I have all kinds of problems with that video, but thats a discussion for another place.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    You are so right about that. When walmart started selling the Iphone people where ready to jump off bridges in other forums. They were putting down anyone that shopped at Walmart. It was hilarious. The truth is the Iphone fanboys should be happy Palm put out the Pre. It will make Apple work harder on their next Iphone. Maybe the next one will have multitasking but who knows. It was just funny to see the Iphone boys defend why the Iphone did not have MMS. One guy stated "MMS is so yesterday. Sending by email is the way to always do it." Same guy said this when it was announced MMS would be part of 3.0 "Finally the MMS we have always wanted and needed. Now no one can say a cheap phone is better than Iphone." Only one person called him out on it and it was me. All the other fanboys kept their mouth's shut.

Yea I know Pre users have their fanboys,but Iphone guys are the worst in my opinion. Oh and no I don't have an Iphone. I just like reading about all phones in different forums.
    you dont talk sex, religion or your smart phone in polite company.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I hate my 3G that I have had for a year.
    I talk to these people who love their iPhones and work and swear by them. And when I asked them about coverage and dropped calls, they are like, yeah we have no coverage in this area. I am like???? You have a phone, that can't be used as a phone?
    Their all "But did you see this app?"
    Tis interesting how extremists in any subject tend to drive the positive and negative emotions the rest of us debate about.
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I hate my 3G that I have had for a year.
    I talk to these people who love their iPhones and work and swear by them. And when I asked them about coverage and dropped calls, they are like, yeah we have no coverage in this area. I am like???? You have a phone, that can't be used as a phone?
    Their all "But did you see this app?"
    i work with apple fans and listen to apple focused bodcast.

one this i have come to learn, is that there arent any issue with apple products until Steve fixes them, then they say yeah that was a problem.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I think both sides have their fair share of fan boys, as evidenced by some of the forum posts here and on MacRumors forums.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Im getting the new iPhone 3GS Black 32GB (preordered before the preorders "sold out"). But i still like the Pre, in fact im rooting for the Pre. The Pre does things like multitasking really well. The iPhone however has a great UI and a huge app stores and better SDK (although the Pre's SDK is coming out soon). The iPhone 3GS is a minor upgrade from the iPhone 3G though. Some of the iPhone fanboys are saying that its not a minor upgrade though. They tout a faster processor, more ram, a video camera (why did this take so long?), and a compass. They also take the camera and tout its features and tout the new features coming with OS 3.0 for all iPhones and iPod touches. When they quote things like copy and paste and things that come via software that all iPhones and iPod touches can get (iPod touch owners have to pay about $10 for the update i believe. Theres a major bias and few people are fair.
  18.    #18  
    Iphone fanboys don't bother me nearly as much as Apple biggots.

The thing I am struggling with is the whole, million little Iphone apps thing.

Apple biggots love to say that OSX is runs so much faster, and that no Antivirus is needed, blah blah blah. Well from that sense, I wont argue, they are better, but a lot of that has to do with the limited # of apps the average Mac has compared to a WinPC, and the fact that most hackers aim for the biggest impact again not OSX.

So how does the same argument hold up on the iPhone? Well there is a lot more apps on the iPhone than WebOSor Android or whatever. That also means there are a lot more ****ty apps on the iPhone.

And when the time comes to start hacking smart phone OS, my guess is that the hackers will also look to do so on the OS with the widest distributiuon.
    Thank you