Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I thought the advertising of the Pre was starting on June 22nd, as someone else said. I was watching Wipeout on ABC yesterday and I saw the Facebook ad for the Pre. Anyone else see an ad?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    The ad you are talking about is a Sprint ad, not a Palm ad.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    im a bit disappointed in the marketing. there is very little out there on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by le_seus View Post
    im a bit disappointed in the marketing. there is very little out there on it.

To be fair, a full advertising campaign costs many millions of dollars, Palm and Sprint are both having financial issues, the Pre is getting tons of free press, and Palm and Sprint are selling every Pre that they can make...so I imagine that justifying spending millions on advertising at the moment is a little tough. They don't have Apple's iTunes store printing money for them.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Full page ad in today's USA Today
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I have seen a few Sprint ad's on a few different stations the past few days. Like Scuba Steve mentioned, it costs millions of dollars to run a full blown ad campaign. Add into the mix Apple/AT&T as well who may be trying to strong arm networks as well.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    To be fair, a full advertising campaign costs many millions of dollars, Palm and Sprint are both having financial issues, the Pre is getting tons of free press, and Palm and Sprint are selling every Pre that they can make...so I imagine that justifying spending millions on advertising at the moment is a little tough. They don't have Apple's iTunes store printing money for them.
    you are oh so correct on this point. what good does ads do when u cant buy the thing.

i think apple launching the iphone on june 19 is a blow to the pre though.