Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by 9 Inch Pre Niss View Post
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and mine is that is a terrible idea. I think phones with a keyboard exposed are fugly. Besides, isn't the Pixie/Castle or whatever it is called basically your idea already?
    Nine inch claim, equals a two inch game.
    Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    Two requests for v2

1) Side-slider. The form factor would be 100x better if the current Pre was built that way. It makes typing easier for everyone. Only change to the actual size of the device would have to be some vertical extension, to make talking easier, as many people like to slide out the keyboard to talk.

2) Snapdragon. Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    1) Side-slider. The form factor would be 100x better if the current Pre was built that way. It makes typing easier for everyone. Only change to the actual size of the device would have to be some vertical extension, to make talking easier, as many people like to slide out the keyboard to talk.
    I do agree that a landscape keyboard should come out. But if you're gonna turn Palm's 3rd form factor into a 2-hand device, why not a phone with a tablet-like hinge? I'd rather have a tablet-like device that protects both the touchscreen and the keyboard... yet can be folded into a touchscreen-only device. Plus it makes it a lot easier for others to understand how to dial a phone when they only see an external 10-key dialpad with basic screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    2) Snapdragon. Nuff said.
    Snapdragon is junk when compared to Cortex A8. Compare a Cortex A8 device (Pre) to a Snapdragon device.... Adobe Labs - Flash Player 10 for Solaris Beta Release Notes

Snapdragon is "allegedly" has a faster processor, but is the GPU really that much better? Considering Palm's hired that AMD developer (better to pay one true geek a very large salary than 15 dweebs who can't code a basic calculator), they do plan on using that powerful GPU... and then it will literally appear to be 3x faster than any other phone on the market, plus it'll have multitasking designed from the get-go. Palm chose their hardware for a good reason -- there's no reason to replace it for a pretty long time. Also, BTW.. if you thought the Pre burns thru battery life... I can't wait to sell you this Snapdragon. HAHAHA. Mobile devices need the SoC found in the iPhone 3Gs and Pre, because it provides the best tradeoffs for mobile devices. Palm has made great hardware decision, even tho it's not apparent to Joe Sixpack at the moment. It's up to the elite to realize what they're actually carrying in their pocket, knowing that it's gonna get a speed bump one day that turns it into an entirely different phone for no extra cost.
    the next cpu they will use is most likely the cortex a9 dual core/quad core which should be coming out later next year. Its 2x as fast and is the upgrade to the current cpu on the pre,iphone 3gs and droid. So when that chip is ready then you should start to see upgrades to pre, iphone and maybe droid. I doubt they will go with snapdragon.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    To be honest, the slide out keyboard is just a novelty. To have a REAL usefull keypad, I would have gone for a clamshell design. That way, the keyboard would have had enough space for a NSEW compass wheel.

I would just love to see a slightly larger screen size: And in true 16:9 format.

And from a bling point of view, I would like it available in a colour other than black. Think i-Pod chromatic.

A clamshell Palm Pre in metalic orange. Cool.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345