Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. jkc
    Here's a few things I would want Palm to deliver on the second version of Pre, which I have a feeling will be coming out the end of next year: 1) Use glass or, at least, fiberglass for the screen to resolve the issue of cracks (even though mine and it seems for many this is not a problem. Although, it would make feel less cheap); 2) bigger and better feel for the keys for the keyboard; 3) maybe a landscape keyboard available; however, I'm fine with the one they have (Pantech is able to do it to their phones, I'm sure Palm can make it possible); 4) OLED screen; 5) 4G; 6) smoother slider and maybe a button you can press to open it automatically; 7) answer and end calls when opening and closing the slider; 8) 5 MP camera/video camera (make this the one device that anyone needs to carry around); 9) change the location of the micro USB from the side to the bottom and make the cover easier to take off and put back on; 10) make better use of the center button. Don't just use it to bring pages to card view; 11) add a status light to inform us if a text of email is waiting; and 12) add a string holder hole (I feel like I'm going to drop the thing because it's so small and sleek). As for webOS, that's an internal problem which I'm sure Palm is constantly working on to address any and all issues. P.S. - I would like to add something else. By swiping up gives you the same function as the center button. If that's the case, why not just get rid of it bring the gesture area a little down and make the screen a little bit bigger.
    Last edited by jkc; 06/18/2009 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Wanted to add one more point.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Thanks very much for your post without paragraphing. I would just like to let you know that there are numerous similar threads out there and well, we don't need another one.

Thanks very much for your attention.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...rsion-2-a.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...t-release.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...should-do.html
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    7,10, and 11 does not have to wait for Pre II. These could be done with some sort of software update.
    I want 4G they should have it in ATL by Dec 09, so hopin pre2 will have 16gb (or 32gb) and 4g. All for a OLED screeen also, but don't want glass
    Supposedly the pre has the chipset already in place for wimax or 4g. Its supposedly just a software update away.... but then again this came from sprint employees so who knows if its true
  6. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osupeterson View Post
    Supposedly the pre has the chipset already in place for wimax or 4g. Its supposedly just a software update away.... but then again this came from sprint employees so who knows if its true
    I've been told the same thing and I'm almost certain myself that the Pre is capable of 4G, its just a matter of Sprint actually rolling it out everywhere.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
    I want 4G they should have it in ATL by Dec 09, so hopin pre2 will have 16gb (or 32gb) and 4g. All for a OLED screeen also, but don't want glass
    WiMax/4G was launched in Atlanta this past week.

Quote Originally Posted by djR3Z View Post
    I've been told the same thing and I'm almost certain myself that the Pre is capable of 4G, its just a matter of Sprint actually rolling it out everywhere.
    The TI OMAP processor in the Pre definately supports 4G radio, but the radio/baseband processor used doesn't support 4G. The baseband processor is the Qualcomm MSM6801A.

he wireless semiconductor in the Palm Pre is the Qualcomm MSM6801A baseband processor, which supports CDMA2000 1X and CDMA2000 1X Rev A EV-DO air standards. iSuppli said that the chip, together with two Qualcomm RF support chips, costs about $18.45.
    http://www.crn.com/mobile/217801009;...OSKH0CJUNN2JVN

The phone has already been torn down and lack-of-4G proven. Block diagram from the teardown.

http://www.phonewreck.com/wp-content...06/prebd13.jpg
    On screen keyboard, the ability to remove system apps (I don't want or need Sprint Nascar!), a directional button similar to the Treos (makes it easy to edit while typing), and the ability to take video.
    Make the phone bigger

1. Bigger screen
    2. Bigger keyboard with better keys, either rubberized better material
    3. Be able to set up email with corporate servers out the box
    4. Bigger HD either 32 or 64gb with sd card slot
    5. Better processor 1ghz or better
    6. Better battery, 2800mah or better as a standard
    7. Voice dialing
    8. Bio metric scanner, for crappy thieves who take something that doesn't belong to them.
    9. some type of progressive lens ala glasses technology that tints in the sun and makes the content brighter.
    10. Spell check!!!!!!!
    11. Display port or a usb 3
    12. Full apps, not shells
    13. Speech enabled text messaging
    14. Better antenna
    15. Twitter, facebook, myspace messaging built in.
    16. We want teflon!!!!!! we want teflon!!!!!! ... coated screen

I didn't mention better apps for music or video or anything for a reason.
    There are devices out there that are way better suited for this type of use. Pre sucks as a pmp, sorry but true. Look @ a Cowon or a Zune, better yet listen or look @ one. You should then understand. Also working out with this thing is never going to happen unless you are working out playing Giant chess or some type of cross word, PS3 or Xbox 360 etc.................

Secondly its purpose is as a business device, with pmp capabilities. Not the other way around. Full versions of software is where "we" SB owners/managers need it the most. I hate having to use my MBP for simple things like Powerpoint. Which sucks balls on a mac to begin with but is something that is useful in a crunch. Also remote camera management doesn't exsist without killing the business network speed. Another thing that is useful for SB owners.

Just saying......
    Last edited by ChrisMac323; 06/30/2009 at 06:30 PM.
    Things that some of you mentioned brings it to main conclusion. If samsung is capable of doing mobiles that are already very close to good pmp (divx,xvid playback, 5/8mpx photo shootout, etc.) why company like Palm can't make one packed with their's genius OS ?. I know, i know, it's not it's purpose, but i still can't figure out why ? I'm going to change my phone soon, and i have to decide between great new os with promising future, or device like samsung or lg packed with technology, which will give me ability to forget about having separate camera and phone with me for instance. And their devices aren't very expensive.
    It's always has to be great ui (apple, palm) or great hardware (samsung,lg), which i frankly don't understand as an end user
    Must haves before I move from my Crackberry

More memory!!!!!! 16GB at least expandable would be good.
    Better battery (from reports)
    GSM/HSDPA

Would like Voice Dialing.

Greg
    Virtual Keyboard
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Bigger screen
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Virtual keyboard
    Get HTC to maufacture it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMac323 View Post
    Make the phone bigger

1. Bigger screen
    2. Bigger keyboard with better keys, either rubberized better material
    3. Be able to set up email with corporate servers out the box
    4. Bigger HD either 32 or 64gb with sd card slot
    5. Better processor 1ghz or better
    6. Better battery, 2800mah or better as a standard
    7. Voice dialing
    8. Bio metric scanner, for crappy thieves who take something that doesn't belong to them.
    9. some type of progressive lens ala glasses technology that tints in the sun and makes the content brighter.
    10. Spell check!!!!!!!
    11. Display port or a usb 3
    12. Full apps, not shells
    13. Speech enabled text messaging
    14. Better antenna
    15. Twitter, facebook, myspace messaging built in.
    16. We want teflon!!!!!! we want teflon!!!!!! ... coated screen

I didn't mention better apps for music or video or anything for a reason.
    There are devices out there that are way better suited for this type of use. Pre sucks as a pmp, sorry but true. Look @ a Cowon or a Zune, better yet listen or look @ one. You should then understand. Also working out with this thing is never going to happen unless you are working out playing Giant chess or some type of cross word, PS3 or Xbox 360 etc.................

Secondly its purpose is as a business device, with pmp capabilities. Not the other way around. Full versions of software is where "we" SB owners/managers need it the most. I hate having to use my MBP for simple things like Powerpoint. Which sucks balls on a mac to begin with but is something that is useful in a crunch. Also remote camera management doesn't exsist without killing the business network speed. Another thing that is useful for SB owners.

Just saying......
    That would be one bigass phone.
    1.the keyboard, although it looks small, is really quite useable - unless you literally have ogre fingers and no fingernails.
    2. i would definitely accept a larger form factor to support a bigger screen.
    3. keep the form factor the same, get rid of the small card button, move the gesture area down and stick in a larger screen.
    4. replace the card button with a scroll ball!!!!!
    5. the material used now is really sick. but why not finish it like a non-glossy laptop screen. then we wouldnt have to be so ridiculous about being super careful with the phone, and it would increase cooling ability, and give less friction when sliding, but allow a better grip on the phone.

P.S. whoeve suggested fiberglass for the construction - what? why would you want fiberglass - how do you propose seeing the screen? or are you just talking about the main body and shell with a clear screen?
    I think it would be cool if the Pre had a slide out key board like the HTC touch and touch 2, it would be nice if the card view could work both ways. Also with that bigger wider keyboard they could add a number row, tab key and w/e else they wanted
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

19. KTM
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    When will it have voice record
    push to talk
    Having fun
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by forumsid987 View Post
    -better contacts management, synergy is great and all but adding all my AIM screen names just because i signed into aim is DUMBB

-more copy and paste in other areas of the phone, ie browser and received text messages*

Yes I agree 10000%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast