View Poll Results: How many of you own Palm stock?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 42.71%
  • No

22 22.92%
  • Should have bought back in Jan

33 34.38%
  1.    #1  
    Yes

No

Should have bought back in Jan
    Yes. And I should have bought it in Jan.
    Bought a small amount of stock in Jan and sold on Friday. Didn't have a lot to invest to begin with, but the amount I made essentially buys me a Pre, all the accessories, and a year's worth of service. Stock essentially doubled for me.

If I were patient and/or invested more, I'd ride it out, but I did this specifically to buy this phone and it worked out nicely.
    i have owned stock for several years, always hoping that i would at least break even, although i invested a small amount. i did buy more at $2.11, again only a small amt, but it will cover the purchase+accessories+software+service. thank you palm!
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    yes, i bought when it was under $2 in dec. i shoulda bought more!
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    I did. Not a lot though, I'm a small time investor. Bought in Early February. I think I'll hold onto it for quite some time.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Not sure when I bought, but it was very few shares like (10), but it was around the $2 mark.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    I wasnt in the position to buy any (preparing for a wedding) but I wish I wouldve bought some back in Jan! I dont own any stock currently (outside of my 401k).
    I bought in December for $2.95 It's enough to erase being raped by the dentist earlier in the year plus leave me a little extra. I feel like Even Steven from that Seinfeld episode. Throw a twenty out the window and I'll get it back somehow.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    In at $7.42 with 300 shares. Not much, but I'm currently sitting at almost a 90% gain. Not sure when to sell. Might sell right before launch and wait to see if it pulls back. It will be a few quarters before the Pre effects the bottom line and pushes the stock up more.
    Scoob
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I bought in the $6+ range back in March. It was a wise investment. Between buying Palm and Citibank I have managed to come up with a good portion of the downpayment on the house my wife and I are closing on the end of June.

THANK YOU PALM

and I am a small time inexeperienced investor who found a product I believed in (the Pre) and just knew the stock was going to rise.
    I have some but will probably sell at least before the WWDC.
    Making some good money on Palm and bought after Jan.

Plan to be long. Bought more today. ATT, Verizon, Bell Mobililty, and O2 seal the deal.

I've read all the negative things about Palm and how far it has to go. WebOs I think is a game changer. The question is if Palm will stay ahead. I think (and so does Verizon and ATT) the Pre is in the lead in terms of being the best smartphone available (even before one Palm Pre is sold) and I think Palm will stay ahead. The management of the company has been changed dramatically. Jon is right. It's not only a new phone with a new OS; it's a new company. Jon is also right I think about people moving from feature phones to smartphones. Apple and RIM are competition but there's a whole new world out there. There is risk-------and there is risk with the potential of great reward.

Wasn't Apple near death?

Will WebOs and Pre phones outnumber Iphones? I don't know, but I don't think Palm and WebOs are going away. I think they will be at the top of the bunch and shareholders will be raking in some dough. I wouldn't bet the farm but I think Palm is worth a hard look. The tricky thing is this thing called a recession. Risk---reward.
    I bought a little more in Jan when it was really cheap. I am happy so far at the steady rise. I will report back on June 7th .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I hope to cash in before the post-release day slump (about 1-3 weeks later).
    I bought a significant amount of stock on 12/5, and it has paid off quite well!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    I'm staying in until at least December. By holding on to it for over a year you pay the capital gains tax rate on your profit (currently 15%) instead of your income tax rate. That's not a trivial distinction in my case, and I don't expect Palm to crash and burn in that time. If anything I may hold on to it longer.

Remember kids, when you sell your stock sock away part of your winnings for the tax man. If you made a lot of money and spend it all you're going to have a very unpleasant April.
    I got in @$8.20!!!! long baby