Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rog47776 View Post
    I think one of the reasons this thread has traction, is that Sprint's 4g network is growing...by allot! It's in Dallas, a fair bit of Midland/Odessa, and will be in San Antonio and Corpus Christi by years end, then Houston by Jan of 2010. No one seems to be talking about how much work Sprint is doing to bring 4g in.

I read a story about how VZ just had a successful "test" of their 4g, really? a test? I know Sprint has angered some folks over the years, but hell! At this point they have the fastest, most under populated network! My iPhone friends loath att speed and coverage, I just zap by them on my Pre!
    waco too.. yessir texas baybeeeeee!
    Quote Originally Posted by pvman View Post
    What about the rumors that the Pre may end up on Verizon or another carrier? Any predictions on the length of the Sprint exclusivity contract?
    Supposedly Verizon will get the Pre in the first quarter of next year... and AT+T is also supposed to get the Pixi early in the year as well, probly after Verizon picks up the Pre.

One question for you, tho... why would you want to pay more for the same service? Sprint users can roam on Verizon's network for free. And AT+T is just pure junk. What's the incentive to spend more?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Supposedly Verizon will get the Pre in the first quarter of next year... and AT+T is also supposed to get the Pixi early in the year as well, probly after Verizon picks up the Pre.

One question for you, tho... why would you want to pay more for the same service? Sprint users can roam on Verizon's network for free. And AT+T is just pure junk. What's the incentive to spend more?
    Assuming your question wasn't rhetorical, I agree with one exception. In my region of the country, Sprint coverage has continually proven to be spotty. Verizon seems to always be spot-on.

For me personally, I probably don't care much and would go with the Sprint pricing. If I were to use the Pre for business, I wouldn't hesitate to go with Verizon.

Currently, I'm on AT&T with a 680. I like the a la carte data plan pricing. In other words, it's great when I decide I need to cut back on my spending and simply log on to their web site and disable my data plan for a month or 2.

Of course, I've looked at the Sprint Everything Data Family - with Any Mobile, Anytime plan and I'm very impressed. I need 2 phones, on will definitely be a Pre-like device.

But, in keeping with the theme of this thread, I was curious if a 4G pre would be in Sprint's future.

I'll settle for the 3G if a 32 GB version comes out.
    Just order a Pre from Amazon.com... They just got a fresh batch of Pres, apparently. And they also don't charge you a restocking fee if you don't like the phone. You should definitely be able to get out of the activation fee by complaining to Sprint whenever you get your first bill.

I was thinking about Amazon, but I think I'm gonna order from Sprint Telesales tomorrow. Sprint needs profit, too, and I love Sprint... so I'm not too worried about the MIR and they're gonna cut me $50 off, so same price overall. And they have next day air! I'm getting impatient, honestly. I've been waiting 4 months for this phone. I'm about 99% sure I'm pulling the trigger tomorrow.

Don't knock it 'til you try it!

Also, I'll split the $75 they give us when we activate your line before the 31st and punch in some special numbers for referring you.
    So I live in Lubbock and noticed today that 4g is there. What I would like to know is do I need to get some update to do the 4g. My Pre has sprint configuration 1.9?
    The Pre isn't 4G. And rumor has it the first 4g phone is going to be an android phone.
    go figure
    so no 4g pre ;-(
    the question I have is not 4g, but if Verizon gets a hold of a 2nd gen webOS phone while Sprint is still stuck with the Pre and Pixie. You'll have two of the latest OS's with better phones on Verizon than Sprint. Kinda ticks me off to think about that. Yes the plans are cheaper, but if the trade of is getting 2nd rate phones. A bit of an annoyance.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I wonder how long palm is going to stick with the pre's current form factor. Will a "Pre 4G" have the same portrait slider?
    You should check out this thread for talking about 2nd gen design.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    to add fuel to the fire, i have been told by two sprint customer service reps and one technical support guy (via *2 on the phone) that yes the Pre is a 4g ready phone and it will be a software update. they all told me to talk to advanced technical support which took 4 phone calls to finally let someone transfer to to where they told me that all their efforts are for the release of the new HTC phone and the update if any may or may not exist but they are not going to effect the sales of the HTC by releasing an update. this makes sense about the sales part but im a skeptic about the credibility of these sprint employees. has anyone else heard anything about this? the advanced tech support guy mentioned that the update my be found online and one of the normal tech support reps mentioned something about an update on the Palm website. i also want to know if the wimax/4g service will require additional monthly fees. again the sprint reps told me it would be free to access but again i dont know? someone out there must know something about this.
    The Pre and Pre Plus do not have WiMax radios.

End of discussion.

Do not believe anything you hear in regards to a Pre 2... other than I think this concept for the Pre 2 looks amazing: http://forums.precentral.net/future-...40-mockup.html . . . .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345