1.    #1  
    Man, nothin' better than relaxing in the hammock, listening to the outdoor speakers that are connected to my home stereo system, then here comes the string of loud, annoying commercials and the only thing I can do to fix it is get out of the hammock, go inside and change the channel or put in a CD. Sure would be nice if I could just control it from the hammock....

Anyone out there have any simple ideas on how I can do this. The stereo in question is the receiver portion of a Home Theater In A Box (Sony STR-K670P). Parked right next to it is our wifi router. Would I have to have a PC connected to the stereo or is there another solution out there? Any constructive ideas would be appreciated.

Lazy Guy
  2.    #2  
    Controlling it from my Treo 750 that is!
    You could use VNC to control the computer if you had a computer connected. That's the only way I know. I run my home theater system from my computer, mostly.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    You could use VNC to control the computer if you had a computer connected. That's the only way I know. I run my home theater system from my computer, mostly.
    Thanks Tonyl!

What software do you use on your computer to control your home theater?
    It is open source, called Media Portal. It works well, but the setup takes a bit of time and effort. but it records and plays HDTV very well.