1.    #1  
    I've had a palm TX for 3 years and am looking into getting a new device. I know that a centro has a cell phone feature and a camera. Minus the phone and camera features, get a new or refurbed palm TX or does the centro have the same features the TX have plus the Phone and Camera? I want to know before I invest.
    You can get the Centro specs here if that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by TenaGoble View Post
    I've had a palm TX for 3 years and am looking into getting a new device. I know that a centro has a cell phone feature and a camera. Minus the phone and camera features, get a new or refurbed palm TX or does the centro have the same features the TX have plus the Phone and Camera? I want to know before I invest.
    I own a tx... and played with a centro maybe two or three weeks ago... my first thought would be screen. The keyboard was a big on the small side, but was okay at the same time....

I'd go to a store to hold one before making a decision...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    The TX is pretty identical to the Centro as far as the operating system goes. If your comfortable and familiar with the TX you will be right at home.

The things you will want to worry about would be the size of the screen and keyboard. The Centro is not tiny or anything but you will want to make sure you are comfortable using it.

You will now be able to use a camera, send/ receive phone calls, email, and test messages, as well as browse the web everywhere you go.

Like the previous user posted, go to a Wireless Carrier's store and try one out and most carriers have the option of returning the device back within 30 days.

I hope this information has been useful.
  5.    #5  
    After checking specs, I'm planning on getting an unlocked one and use my prepaid SIM card. But do I need to get a monthly plan along with my prepaid service to access the same features I get on my Palm TX, (example: downloading music from computer to memory card), do I need a monthly data plan since I have Wi-Fi and/or wireless at home?
    Quote Originally Posted by TenaGoble View Post
    After checking specs, I'm planning on getting an unlocked one and use my prepaid SIM card. But do I need to get a monthly plan along with my prepaid service to access the same features I get on my Palm TX, (example: downloading music from computer to memory card), do I need a monthly data plan since I have Wi-Fi and/or wireless at home?
    A lot of it depends on what you do with your TX. The Centro has no wi-fi, so if you use that feature on your TX a lot, you won't have it on the Centro. The Centro does have Bluetooth, so you can use that feature. Moving music from your computer to the Centro's memory card is a snap if you have a micro-SD adapter. If not, PocketTunes allows the music folder on you Centro's memory card appear like an external drive on your PC so it will still be easy to move your music from your computer to your Centro.
    I too am a TX user considering the unlocked Centro. The phone would really be the secondary use, as to do's, contacts and various 3rd party apps are the most important to me. I know the screen is smaller, but I can live with that. My huge concern is Hotsync. I am paranoid about losing all my data from my palm desktop if I changed from TX to Centro. Also, I know the Cento does not have wifi, but all I need is a cell signal and I can access my T-Zones (I am a T-mobile subscriber) anywhere on the planet. Again, main concern is data loss during hotsync.
    Any input would be appreciated.