Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    For those who have Telenav, how well does it work? Does it take a long time for the maps to load? Is it easy to use? How accurateis it?

Thanks, Justin
    Quote Originally Posted by jgassaway View Post
    For those who have Telenav, how well does it work? Does it take a long time for the maps to load? Is it easy to use? How accurateis it?

Thanks, Justin
    On my Motorola Q9c running Windows Mobile Standard... takes about 30 seconds to start up, then 1-20 seconds to get a GPS fix depending on how long it's been since I've used it (though it does get assistance from the towers as well on my phone), another 5-10 seconds to download the route, and you're on your way. There's never been any delay for me once it gets on route for it to download maps, I think it plans ahead and downloads in the background. If you go off route, it will take another 5-10 seconds to download a new route, but that's about it.

It's very simple to use, just hit a drive to button and enter your route.

As for accuracy, that varies based on locations I'm sure. However, I've never had a problem with it. When I'm sometimes walking places, it doesn't have any sort of compass or anything built in, so at the slower paces it can get turned around at the beginning while it figures out which way you're moving, but other than that (and especially when driving), no issues for me. (And, it does have a few different modes you can pick including Pedestrian mode). If a map is inaccurate, luckily instead of having to buy a whole new set of maps, you get free updates (since nothing is stored on your device).
    Last edited by jhoff80; 04/08/2009 at 04:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Does it have an accelorometer?

Justin
    My current phone does not have an accelerometer, it only displays things in landscape.