Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Saw this article at Palminfocenter, you have the weekend to download the Teal OS and then it is History

TealOS Forced Into Early Retirement
    Posted By: Ryan Kairer Friday, March 27, 2009 10:18:30 AM
    Palm Inc. has apparently taken issue with TealOS, the webOS lookalike application for Palm OS devices, and has requested the programs permanent removal. In a post to the Tealtalk support forum, a TealPoint representative delivers the news:

I'm sorry to say that at Palm's request, as of this upcoming Monday, March 30, we will no longer be selling or distributing TealOS.
    We really appreciate the help and unprecedented enthusiasm so many of you have shown for this product. It's been a long time since we experienced this kind of customer cooperation, and the program's success came at a badly needed time. We wish we could continue contributing to this great community.
    Assuming the above information is correct, TealOS will vanish from TealPoint's site on March 30th. All existing users and customers are encourage to download the latest beta release (currently v1.43) while they still can.

TealPoint has not yet responded to our request for comment.
    Thanks for the Heads-up.

I'll update the Sticky
    It's already front page news, however I expect some of us come directly to the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    It's already front page news, however I expect some of us come directly to the forums.
    That would be me

I start here, and then maybe end up at the Front page.
    Just call me Berd.
    If I was them, I would run a super sale right now for the soft and I think they can make few grants easy this week-end.

Just a suggestion!

Good luck guys.

Mo.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by momob View Post
    If I was them, I would run a super sale right now for the soft and I think they can make few grants easy this week-end.

Just a suggestion!

Good luck guys.

Mo.
    The Beta is Free!!!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    make it freeware. Palms worried about us running a launcher program on our EOl outdated treo's and centro's.get real!
    Freeware? I am not sure they have that choice. The best they can do is to make it so cheap that people won't think twice about getting it and still pay for it. Even that I am not sure if the Palm legal dept would allow them to change anything that could make the product spread further.

Sad...I am a small Palm developer and it is getting harder and harder to stick with Palm.

Mo.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Thanks for the link. Should really get it now before it's too late.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    What a bunch of CRAP!! You would think that after all those years of Tealpoint supporting the PalmOS that they would cut the little guy a break in the midst of economic downturn. How hypocritical is Palm on this one? Apple invents cards, Palm improves upon card, Tealpoint implements a very rudimentary version of cards that is even more primitve & limited than Apple's card system, Palm threatens to sue Tealpoint for ripping them off.

That is just wrong on soooooooooooo many levels. The worst is reading Tealpoint say that this revenue infusing product was something they sorely needed right now. Way to stab one of your long time business partners in the back. It suddenly makes it kind of hard to not reconsider rooting for the Pre.
    Hey, it's just business. Palm's action caused me to get motivated and try TealOS. I bought it over the weekend. I think it's great and it just makes me want the Pre more while confirming my deep appreciation of Palm OS. Thanks, TealPoint!
    Hopefully Apple will threaten a lawsuit against Palm to put them out of business so that more people get motivated to buy the Pre!

Anyway, I had been playing around with the beta for awhile so I just went ahead and bought my key. Good luck Tealpoint.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Hopefully Apple will threaten a lawsuit against Palm to put them out of business so that more people get motivated to buy the Pre!

Anyway, I had been playing around with the beta for awhile so I just went ahead and bought my key. Good luck Tealpoint.
    Hear, hear! I purchased this app as well. I do hope Apple leans on palm in exactly the same manner. I agree this was in very poor taste on palm's part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    What a bunch of CRAP!! You would think that after all those years of Tealpoint supporting the PalmOS that they would cut the little guy a break in the midst of economic downturn. How hypocritical is Palm on this one? Apple invents cards, Palm improves upon card, Tealpoint implements a very rudimentary version of cards that is even more primitve & limited than Apple's card system, Palm threatens to sue Tealpoint for ripping them off.

That is just wrong on soooooooooooo many levels. The worst is reading Tealpoint say that this revenue infusing product was something they sorely needed right now. Way to stab one of your long time business partners in the back. It suddenly makes it kind of hard to not reconsider rooting for the Pre.
    Ditto on all statements. I don't really think TealOS can do anything but help Palm in the long run. Even if it keeps someone on the POS a little longer, they're going to end up going to the WebOS sooner or later. Look at all the programs Teal creates for POS. What has kept Palm going all these years if it wan't 3rd party aps? to Palm.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    The more I consider it, I think I'm going to hold off buying the pre now because of palm's poor showmanship here.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treosensei View Post
    The more I consider it, I think I'm going to hold off buying the pre now because of palm's poor showmanship here.
    I agree. I think this might have changed my mind also. That was uncalled for. I guess they really have no loyalty at all to the OS and the vendor partners that kept them alive long enough to be able to come up with the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerpack View Post
    I agree. I think this might have changed my mind also. That was uncalled for. I guess they really have no loyalty at all to the OS and the vendor partners that kept them alive long enough to be able to come up with the Pre.
    Yes. Its very disconcerting. Tealpoint helped support Palm OS all these years. You'd have thought Palm would have remembered that. Allow them to make some badly needed revenue especially during a very tough financial period like this.

Leaves a bad taste and I just won't support them.
    Is that because of the Apple influence?
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    As much as I think it's sad Palm did this, it won't stop me from getting a Pre if it works for me. I just need to play with one and read a few early adopter reviews - my days of playing the guinea pig are over!

I haven't looked at TealWheel, but would like to see Teal release a subset to TOS that allows launch anywhere.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast