Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm hoping it wasn't a case of "Pull that App ASAP, or ELSE!" (forgetting how loyal Teal was).

I hope it was more like "Look guys, our legal dept. is having conniption fits. Please do us a favor and pull the app, and we'll put you on the list to get the Pre SKD as soon as it's ready. O-kay? Thanks, bud!"
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    I haven't looked at TealWheel, but would like to see Teal release a subset to TOS that allows launch anywhere.
    I think that's what TealWheel does. It seems like a DA. As of last night there wasn't any documentation, and I felt uncomfortable using it (bec. of that -- not bec. of TealPoint however).

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    What a bunch of CRAP!! You would think that after all those years of Tealpoint supporting the PalmOS that they would cut the little guy a break in the midst of economic downturn. How hypocritical is Palm on this one? Apple invents cards, Palm improves upon card, Tealpoint implements a very rudimentary version of cards that is even more primitve & limited than Apple's card system, Palm threatens to sue Tealpoint for ripping them off.

That is just wrong on soooooooooooo many levels. The worst is reading Tealpoint say that this revenue infusing product was something they sorely needed right now. Way to stab one of your long time business partners in the back. It suddenly makes it kind of hard to not reconsider rooting for the Pre.
    Not that I disagree with you, it's just that it's all about "intellectual property." No matter how great it was, and I love TealOS, it wasn't THEIR (TealPoint's) idea. It IS too bad what happened though. (Add a dialpad and the Universal Search to it and it just about was the WebOS. Running multiple apps at the same time can "just about" be accomplished with a DA.)

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    No fair, busy do taxes! I missed this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Is that because of the Apple influence?
    nope
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    Not that I disagree with you, it's just that it's all about "intellectual property." No matter how great it was, and I love TealOS, it wasn't THEIR (TealPoint's) idea. It IS too bad what happened though. (Add a dialpad and the Universal Search to it and it just about was the WebOS. Running multiple apps at the same time can "just about" be accomplished with a DA.)
    TealOS really comes nowhere at all near what the Pre does.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    There are many reasons Palm may have gone after them for TealOS:

• They were worried people using TealOS on older Palm phones would eat into Pre sales
    • They were worried some people might think webOS will be the same as TealOS when it's released, and since TealOS is not as slick an experience (obviously) they took action
    • They didn't want to set a precedent for other companies that might want to create webOS look-and-act-alike software on other platforms

There are probably others; that list was just off the top of my head. They probably didn't feel great about doing it, but felt they had to for whatever other reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by KenYoung View Post
    There are many reasons Palm may have gone after them for TealOS:

• They were worried people using TealOS on older Palm phones would eat into Pre sales
    • They were worried some people might think webOS will be the same as TealOS when it's released, and since TealOS is not as slick an experience (obviously) they took action
    • They didn't want to set a precedent for other companies that might want to create webOS look-and-act-alike software on other platforms

There are probably others; that list was just off the top of my head. They probably didn't feel great about doing it, but felt they had to for whatever other reasons.
    i think 3rd reason is the most powerful. ([*]They didn't want to set a precedent for other companies that might want to create webOS look-and-act-alike software on other platforms)

Think of a TealOs on a sleek, multitasking device. That would really eat into PRE sales. Not our old, bulky, wi-fi less, GPSless and single-task Treo
    Is there any way to still get teal os? I tried the demo, went back to buy it today and found out its gone :/
    Gone forever. Sorry you missed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babywayne View Post
    Gone forever. Sorry you missed it.
    It actually looks like it is still on the palm webstore, strange.

If anyone wanted to get rid of their copy I'd gladly buy their license key off of them though.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12