Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Last edited by neile45; 03/23/2009 at 06:47 AM.
    What else would it be? All their other models have been released. I was thinking even a June release might be too late. But "end of the year"? If that is true, Palm is toast.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    It could be the GSM Pre, it could be some unannounced model or it could be just false information.

If the CDMA Pre is delayed by many months, I suppose Palm needs to make a statement about that as it would be material information for the investors.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Yeah, unfortunately, I am thinking the same thing, hopefully they are just wrong.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    And note that it says: "Shipments of Palm's two smartphones ..."

What two? Would CDMA Pre and GSM Pre count as two?
    First of all the article says Compal is manufacturer and using Qualcomm chip. The Pre is not using either of the companies. According to articles in the past the maker of the Pre is Chi Mei and the chip is not Qualcomm, it is TI OMAP processor. So unless all of the sudden the Pre has changed its internals, this isn't the PRE.
    End of year would put em out of business. Me thinks Palm will be asked some questions today...
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    First of all the article says Compal is manufacturer and using Qualcomm chip. The Pre is not using either of the companies. According to articles in the past the maker of the Pre is Chi Mei and the chip is not Qualcomm, it is TI OMAP processor. So unless all of the sudden the Pre has changed its internals, this isn't the PRE.
    This would be my response as well.
    the artilce from engadget pretty much dispeels the rumor. Even if it is true, it doesn't see to have anything to do w/ the pre.

Plam should have other phones set up for release this year. maybe another windows phone or refresh of the centro (just refresh, the are on record w/ nomore POS phones)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Remember that Palm offers WM phones as well. Ed Hardy has something up on Brighthand that might clarify.
    Palm's twitter update:

RT @daanno: True or False: Commercial Times: Palm "smartphones" delayed to end of year please say false.. FALSE (except for the statement from Palm)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post

Interesting article. I have to agree.....
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre