1.    #1  
    ok so im switching my treo 700p to my boyfriends centro. However I want to keep his Ringtones which were downloaded from myxertones (they are locked on the phone). i also want keep and transfer mine when i hotsync my info to the centro. i have noticed, having the a treo and downloading some ringtones myself, that mine are too locked. My question is how do i keep my ringtones and his on the centro
    Quote Originally Posted by CaressMe View Post
    ok so im switching my treo 700p to my boyfriends centro. However I want to keep his Ringtones which were downloaded from myxertones (they are locked on the phone). i also want keep and transfer mine when i hotsync my info to the centro. i have noticed, having the a treo and downloading some ringtones myself, that mine are too locked. My question is how do i keep my ringtones and his on the centro
    FileZ is the premiere device utility application for Palm OS. It gives you full access to your device's files, system information, and preferences. The intuitive file browser allows you view, edit, copy, move, delete and send any file on your device or an external memory card. FileZ also includes extensive system information, such as memory usage and battery status. A preference editor allows you to view and delete preferences for any application on your device. All of this comes in an easy to use and customizable interface.

FileZ will run on any device with Palm OS 3.0 or higher. The latest version is 6.8.3.

FileZ
    FileZ is a great program and choice to move files, but if the file is locked you will have to find the file, and go to details and hope you can unlock it.

The easy way, I believe to transfer the ringtones would be to hotsync using the same user name. Before you sinc the Centro, make sure you installed the Centro CD with Palm Desktop on your computer over the 700p Palm Desktop, don't just hotsync without installing the new CD as it could corrupt your Centro.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    FileZ is a great program and choice to move files, but if the file is locked you will have to find the file, and go to details and hope you can unlock it.

The easy way, I believe to transfer the ringtones would be to hotsync using the same user name. Before you sinc the Centro, make sure you installed the Centro CD with Palm Desktop on your computer over the 700p Palm Desktop, don't just hotsync without installing the new CD as it could corrupt your Centro.
    FileZ lets you beam or BT locked files.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks guys!!! Really appreciate the info - i def didnt kno that i had to install the Centro cd i thought the the palm desktop i already have will work for the centro too ... but thats not correct right?
    Thanks guys!!! Really appreciate the info - i def didnt kno that i had to install the Centro cd i thought the the palm desktop i already have will work for the centro too ... but thats not correct right?
    Right, install the Centro CD over the other one. No need to delete the previous version, it will just update.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
  7.    #7  
    wut if dont have the cd? any online sources?
    wut if dont have the cd? any online sources?
    You never said what carrier you're using so you have to go here:

Palm.com : Support

Choose your carrier, then click the Download folder, and then choose to download the Palm Desktop.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    File Z is one great application for fast file transfers. You just need to do some modifications and unlocking here and there and you're pretty much good to go.

Regarding the missing Centro installation CD, you could try searching for it on the net or the easiest way is go to Palm.com and check out their support/download links.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com