Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can any of you remember that far back? Mine was in 94-95, I had a motorola flip phone, with red/orange numbers.
    Geez..sanyo i think. Sprint phone i know.
    I had the Motorola StarTAC!
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 03/18/2009 at 11:06 AM.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
  4.    #4  
    yeah the one i had kinda looked like the startac, but bigger, lol.

btw, I was in 6th grade. Ive always had a way to get what i wanted.
    Doesn't this belong in general chat or something? Relevance to the Pre?
  6.    #6  
    jbg, it IS kinda relevant, because the pre is where a good majority of us are heading, im seeing where everyone started.
    The original Qualcomm brick, does anyone remember that thing? It was the first cell phone working on the Sprint Network.

Quote Originally Posted by 3xacharm View Post
    jbg, it IS kinda relevant, because the pre is where a good majority of us are heading, im seeing where everyone started.
    lol, BIG stretch, but nicely done.
    Last edited by celsian; 03/18/2009 at 11:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    An old Thin qualcomm phone sometime around 1998 or 1999.

I got it for the soul purpose that there was a Compact Flash attachment out for it that would allow it to tether to my old Jornada 545 and then to my later PocketPC's as well so I could use the AOL program I had at the time to access the internet.

I still miss that wonderful flip metal case
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xacharm View Post
    I agree with Celsian--good stretch.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    WOW.... umm my first was the samsung n400 or n900 anyhow i think it was the first sprint phone with a color display and a camera attachment! (offically marketed as a cameraphone!!! LOL)
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    I've only had a few.

My first phone was a Sony Ericsson phone. I don't remember the specific model. It was like 10 years ago.

Then I had some Nokia bar style phone. Again, I don't remember the model.

After that, I had a Samsung E715.

Now I have a Treo 680. I'm currently awaiting on the Pre.
    This was mine:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    My first mobile phone was back in 1984. I paid $1200 for a 3 watt transportable from Radio Shack. I had the large part installed in the trunk and the handset installed in the car so it looked permanent, but you could unhook the handset and the unit, screw on an antenna and take it anywhere that you could take a 10 pound lunch box. Here's a photo of what it looked like:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RickMG; 03/23/2009 at 08:25 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Motorola Brick
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    My first mobile phone was back in 1984. I paid $1200 for a 3 watt transportable from Radio Shack. I had the large part installed in the trunk and the handset installed in the car so it looked permanent, but you could unhook the handset and the unit, screw on an antenna and take it anywhere that you could take a 10 pound lunch box. Here's a photo of what it looked like:
    http://oh3tr.ele.tut.fi/%7Eftp/modif...t/r58pieni.gif
    Jeez! And then 2 years later, I was born.
    HAHAH ^ WOW ^ Mine was the Motorola StarTac as well. It had the lit green screen with the dot-matrix numbers. I wish I knew where it was.. I would love to bust it out during a meeting and pull that flimsy antenna up LOL
    Motorola StarTac and it was with TracPhone as I wanted to pay by the month. My next and first phone with sprint was the Sprint Phone Module for the Handspring Prism.
    First cell was a bag phone.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Sanyo SCP-4000 on Sprint. It was a black candy bar phone. At the time it was said to have the best sound quality on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by immaslave4u View Post
    i had the motorola startac!
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    hahah ^ wow ^ mine was the motorola startac as well. It had the lit green screen with the dot-matrix numbers. I wish i knew where it was.. I would love to bust it out during a meeting and pull that flimsy antenna up lol
    Quote Originally Posted by vaccpalm View Post
    motorola startac and it was with tracphone as i wanted to pay by the month.
    +3

actually still have it in a drawer. meant to sell it on ebay years ago, but never got around to it...

Went from that to the Treo 300 and have been with Palm ever since!
    Handspring Visor Platinum > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Pre > FrankenPre 2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast