Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post

The bottom line is that the best phone is the one that people buy the most of.

The best phone is the one in which you find the most useful and beneficial to your needs, regardless of the manufacturer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiffer View Post
    Apple has just getting so much rep from that article probably because they (the Economist) just wanted to get on the bandwagon and get some free ipods and iphones.
    Apparently you don't read the Economist much.
    Well it's about to get 2 out of 3 of those.

The bottom line is that the best phone is the one that people buy the most of. The iphone is currently the best phone on the market on that basis. Leaving that aside, even with all of it's problems, it unified experience (GUI + itunes + app store + tunes store) is light-years ahead of it's competition for the guy in the street. Does it suit every user scenario that people like us present?

No - but we's atypical, we want to fiddle and do all sorts of odd things.
    The iPhone is then the Big Mac of the smartphone biz, and McDonald's is the Apple of the restaurant world. The bottom line is that with over BILLIONS served, it is the restaurant people buy from most.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Apple also invented the letter "i" as the guy who runs myiphone.com found out when he met his idle Steve Jobs who threatened to sue him if he didn't change his website name to something else. He had the website up BEFORE Apple even licensed the name iPhone from the real owners of the TM, Cisco.

I agree with the other poster. I loved Apple in the early years but they've become too cutthroat and smug for my liking.

How about these products Apple claims to have invented:

iLawsuit
    iSuityou
    iPhoney
    I'm on the "tweaker" side of the fence as well. I'll never buy an iProduct because it just doesn't offer the same features in terms of removable storage, custom ROMs, apps, etc. They're just too boring and mainstream for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdoasis View Post
    I'm on the "tweaker" side of the fence as well. I'll never buy an iProduct because it just doesn't offer the same features in terms of removable storage, custom ROMs, apps, etc. They're just too boring and mainstream for me.
    You can jailbreak and mess with them, but it's not the same. I loved cooking roms for my 650.
    Well it's about to get 2 out of 3 of those.

The bottom line is that the best phone is the one that people buy the most of. The iphone is currently the best phone on the market on that basis. Leaving that aside, even with all of it's problems, it unified experience (GUI + itunes + app store + tunes store) is light-years ahead of it's competition for the guy in the street. Does it suit every user scenario that people like us present?
    So then you agree that Windows XP is the best OS in the world?????

I need a far more powerful calendar that anything available on the iPhone. So it's clearly not the best phone for me. It might well be the best of you, and for many others (although many of the iPhone owners I know complain about it frequently), but that doesn't make it "best. for every situation.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    So then you agree that Windows XP is the best OS in the world?????
    I personally think it is, even if Vista outsells it now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12