Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Usually I'm very exciting about any upcoming palm products in the last 10 years, but my experience with treo pro totally destroyed my faith in this sinking stinky company!

I got the first one full of cracks and spent weeks to negotiate for a replacement. I deeply regret not to return the crap ASAP. And the palm customer service ppl level 1 to level 3 basically torture you from the very beginning. They treat you like testing mouse in the lab and you have to pretend to be an ***** to spend days and nights to test for them. The replaced machine quickly has serious battery draining problem which I have to go through each palm customer service ppl to negotiate and beg for a treatment again!

It makes no sense to spend one more cent on a company if their customer service basically just treat you like a criminal whenever you got a problem with their product.

I have been loyal to palm for 10 years, from Palm III, V to 650, 680... I cannot believe what is happening to me. I have a dream, that one day, I can throw the crap to the palm corp service dept head....
    ummmm....Unless I'm mistaken, the Pro isn't even out yet. Somehow you've had it for weeks?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    really helpful... yea... thank you... exit is on your right...
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
    Unlocked GSM Pro has been out for some time. This is the guy who had lots of cracks, I remember him.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    ummmm....Unless I'm mistaken, the Pro isn't even out yet. Somehow you've had it for weeks?
    He has the Gsm Treo Pro.
    ahh... what do I know? I'm locked into sprint. never pay attention to gsm.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Unlocked GSM Pro has been out for some time. This is the guy who had lots of cracks, I remember him.
    Yeah,
    I've read a lot.
    I'm a new register but I've been around a long time.
    treopq was one of the first ones to report cracks, and some of the other members might have sounded like they doubted him.
    I didn't think they said he was making it up, but I think he felt that way.
    I think he was the first to post pics too.
    Others seem to have got quick kind solutions from Palm, and others not.
    treopq just seems to be one that got all the difficult CSR's
    I felt bad for him.
    A few people were abe to get them I believe. They were up for short time on the Sprint web site (were any of these devices shipped?). I believe this guy on tech support. When they released the 755p; they had that dedicated line for support. But since Palm is "down sizing" I sure that is experience with tech support may be typical.
    I get fairly good help from Sprint when I go to tier level 2 or 3 for whatever device I need help on!
    ahh... what do I know? I'm locked into sprint. never pay attention to gsm.
    Then probably shouldn't jump down the guys throat.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    ^Agreed. I wish we would all be nice. I'm being a forum happiness activist as of late.

We probably won't have any news for a while. So we should at least all try to be nice.

Says the Goat. Etc.
    ^ You keep advocating Goat.

Back in the little heck town where I grew up, we had a late 70's saying; "Peace, Love, and Led Zeppelin"

btw. I have the Box Set.
    Just call me Berd.
    God I love Led Zeppelin. Girlfriend just bought me "The Mothership" album. Perfect compelation of their great stuff.
    I have the boxed set too. Sometimes I find it hard to sift through all of them for what mood I'm in. Mothership has the greatest of all of their broad genres.

Anyways, back to the topic. It's a shame that Palm didn't remedy this guy's problem.

I've actually never dealt with Palm products. Just Blackberry and random WinMo phones. Anyone else have an issue with faulty products?
    Quote Originally Posted by bandy View Post
    Yeah,
    I've read a lot.
    I'm a new register but I've been around a long time.
    treopq was one of the first ones to report cracks, and some of the other members might have sounded like they doubted him.
    I didn't think they said he was making it up, but I think he felt that way.
    I think he was the first to post pics too.
    Others seem to have got quick kind solutions from Palm, and others not.
    treopq just seems to be one that got all the difficult CSR's
    I felt bad for him.
    Good Post bandy
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    ^Agreed. I wish we would all be nice. I'm being a forum happiness activist as of late.

We probably won't have any news for a while. So we should at least all try to be nice.

Says the Goat. Etc.
    BARYE has always had a fondness for goats

(especially in Jamaican recipes ...)
    Last edited by BARYE; 03/10/2009 at 03:56 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    ^Oh man... That just ain't right.

Eat all of my kind and who is going to eat all your trash and come up with useless wittisisms while they're at it?
    ^Oh man... That just ain't right.

Eat all of my kind and who is going to eat all your trash and come up with useless wittisisms while they're at it?
    sorry Mr. Goat -- but BARYE does not generate trash.

He creates precious heirlooms that his legions of devoted fans treasure more fervently than even that mythical device known as the Pre.

(which is why it is so rare to find collections of his bellybutton lint on ebay ...)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    ^Chuck Norris may just resent that post. You don't want that man... You just don't want that.

And... I want some BARYE lint. No fair.
    LOL @ Goat

you tell him!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    stick a feedbag over that hairy chin and relax. If I wanted to jump down his throat I would've done it with a lot more oomph than that (as evidenced by my many other posts laced with quite a bit of sarcasm). Sitting in this section and hearing all about the Sprint Pro release, it wouldn't be too hard to unassumingly conclude the phone isn't out yet. So it was a bit of curiosity with a touch of sarcasm. And a quick correct answer corrected me.

On another note. It would suck to get a new cracked phone, and I'm sure I'd be over the top peeved too and most likely fairly vocal, well more than most likely...haha. So the rant is definitely understandable. But I'm a bit baffled on why he didn't return it ASAP as he noted. If I was a CSR, I'd question if he had it for a certain period of time before reporting it. If time passed it would be tough to not think he damaged it in some way. I don't know how much time passed, but I take the ASAP statement as "I was foolish for waiting as long as I did to report the unit arrived cracked." If I bought a brand new phone that arrived damaged, there'd be a phone call within 10-15 minutes or an email rattled off if it was after hours.

Says the Goat. Etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    Then probably shouldn't jump down the guys throat.
    Actually, his cracks were no fault of his own.
    And he did report them the minute they occurred.
    The Gsm Treo Pro Crack issue was quite a big issue with early batches.
    Some who suffered from the crack issue got a replacement from Palm, which then the replacement later developed cracks also.
    He now is dealing with a battery drain issue that a few members have also reported, myself included.

(The above mentioned issues already have their dedicated thread in the Treo Pro Forum)

For some reason, he has had a really bad string of luck.
    And with all this he also had the misfortune of getting an uncooperative service rep.

He is ticked, and rightfully so.
    This thread is his Vent.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/08/2009 at 11:55 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast