1.    #1  
    this is good news, it's also free on the windows smartphones too! It's working on my Sprint Samsung i-325 (Ace) A long time ago when I did the upgrade I lost the free directions and movies. I did purchase the service for a while. Hope they release this on the Pre too.
    Now that it is free --- this is a must have application. One stop shopping for news, weather, sports and movies. Nothing you could not get individually thru web searches . . but it is great to just have it all consolidated.

Free does come with a cost though: you get advertising banners at the top of your information screens . . . . . . . . . .
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtwo View Post
    Now that it is free --- this is a must have application. One stop shopping for news, weather, sports and movies. Nothing you could not get individually thru web searches . . but it is great to just have it all consolidated.

Free does come with a cost though: you get advertising banners at the top of your information screens . . . . . . . . . .

I did not notice that is ok with me! Like you said it is a good program.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    I did not notice that is ok with me! Like you said it is a good program.

At least that is now the case on the iPhone version . . . . . . maybe they are waiting to spring that on the Palm version . . . . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/04/2009 at 08:08 PM.
    Took the plunge and installed it, but when something links to a web page there is not enough memory in my Centro to run Blazer. How much of a memory hog is it, how much memory is needed to run it and Blazer and other programs?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Anyone know how to open the trial content back up now that its free?

I installed it a while ago and I get a message that the Movie showtimes trial is up.

I tried uninstalling and deleting the handmark directory and reinstalling, but no luck.

This is on a treo 800w.
    I find it hard to navigate; the backspace key does not get you to the previous screen, it's not clear at all how to do the equivalent of pressing "enter" and there's a lack of consistency. And yes, it is a memory hog... I think you'd have to use something like Destaller to get rid of it.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    Took the plunge and installed it, but when something links to a web page there is not enough memory in my Centro to run Blazer. How much of a memory hog is it, how much memory is needed to run it and Blazer and other programs?
    I deleted it after seeing it eating almost 4MB of RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman View Post
    Anyone know how to open the trial content back up now that its free?

I installed it a while ago and I get a message that the Movie showtimes trial is up.

I tried uninstalling and deleting the handmark directory and reinstalling, but no luck.

This is on a treo 800w.
    Same here...
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
    I deleted it after seeing it eating almost 4MB of RAM
    I had the same reaction. I can get all of that information live anyway though bookmarks in blazer.
    Can't complain much if it is now free.

I noticed, before I deleted the program, that it had various aspects in different files. I am tempted to re-install it, then delete the files I am not interested in. If I delete sports, stocks, and anything else I either do not care about or have other programs for, perhaps it won't be such a memory hog. My fear is if I accidentally hit the button for one of these non-existent features it may melt my Centro, corrupt the space-time continuum, and end all life as we know it! Anybody else brave enough to try and take on the responsibility for Armageddon?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!