Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jhoff80
  1.    #1  
    I used to have a Treo 650, and a Treo 700. Both of them had a very nice Treo ringtone, which after many years, I really want it on my current phone, a Touch Pro.

I've been scouring Google and treocentral, treonauts, and so far I have only found the Treo 600 mid ringtones, classic and regular. The problem is, they sound much worse than the 650 and 700 treo ringtone, and I really want that, which is possibly an mp3.

Not exactly sure where to post a request like this, but assuming since many of you have treos, hopefully the newer 650,700 or 800 series Treos. Can someone please post the Treo series of ringtones? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
    Here they are from my 755p.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    sirmkl likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Weird, those are also midi. There are no mp3 or wave file versions?
    Quote Originally Posted by frostrambler View Post
    Weird, those are also midi. There are no mp3 or wave file versions?
    Nope, on the 755p, there's 5 mp3 ringtones, but those are all really crappy songs: "Happiness", "Mirror", "Mueva", "PostBoogie", and "Progress".

If it sounds horrible on your newer device, that's probably just because midi playback can vary depending on what you're playing them back on.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Nope, on the 755p, there's 5 mp3 ringtones, but those are all really crappy songs: "Happiness", "Mirror", "Mueva", "PostBoogie", and "Progress".

If it sounds horrible on your newer device, that's probably just because midi playback can vary depending on what you're playing them back on.
    Right, maybe a Windows based Treo has them in mp3?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    This is the default Treo 800w ringtone. This has the Windows 6.1 operating system in it. I just got the phone, so I assume it is as up to date as possible. I know it is not an mp3, but it sounds kinda cool.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nextohel View Post
    This is the default Treo 800w ringtone. This has the Windows 6.1 operating system in it. I just got the phone, so I assume it is as up to date as possible. I know it is not an mp3, but it sounds kinda cool.
    Thank you.

Its the exact same one as the Treo 750p. Wow, I guess the 650 must have had some wierd MIDI player, because this sounds very different than the Treo ringtone I had on my Treo 650, both on my PC and on my HTC Touch Pro.

Maybe my Treo had a bad speaker, and I always heard it wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by frostrambler View Post
    Thank you.

Its the exact same one as the Treo 750p. Wow, I guess the 650 must have had some wierd MIDI player, because this sounds very different than the Treo ringtone I had on my Treo 650, both on my PC and on my HTC Touch Pro.

Maybe my Treo had a bad speaker, and I always heard it wrong?
    Its because the Treo and you PC have different midi libraries so it uses different sounds
    I too was nostalgic for those ringtones, and used my Perl skills to extract the mp3's from my Treo 650's HotSync prc's/pdb's.

Enjoy!

Dropbox link for Treo 650 Ringtones, MP3 and MIDI