1.    #1  
    This probably was asked somewhere here but I can't seem to find it. Hotsync (ver. 7.0.2) works great between Outllook 2003 and my outdated Palm Tungten W but nothing appears in Palm Desktop, no addresses. no calendar, no notepad entries). I'm sure it may be something like a setting, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to fix this. There are no entries of any kind in Palm Desktop. Can anyone help?
    You have to pick between Outlook and Palm Desktop. One or the other. If it is working with Outlook, you must have made that choice. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it only syncs with either one for me, not both.
  3.    #3  
    Really, I thought it synced both to Outlook an Palm Desktop before I got the newer versions of hotsync and Palm Desktop, or course I could be wrong.
    Syncing has always been an OR choice between Palm Desktop and Outlook, never an AND choice.

As you are using a W, there is no need to upgrade to the Access Desktop unless your computer is running Vista.
  5.    #5  
    I don't see where to change it to Palm Dresktop, I assume you can switch between Outlook and Palm Desktop. I'm not running Vista but it Access works so I'm sticking with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    Syncing has always been an OR choice between Palm Desktop and Outlook, never an AND choice.
    This is true...Its been a while since I've had to deal with the Palm Desktop but if I recall the setting to switch between that and syncing with Outlook was not in the program itself but in a daughter program that gets installed with it. In windows (doesn't matter which version) click on the start button and click on All Programs. Look for the Palm Desktop program group and I believe the program you need is in there. I can't recall the actual name but I believe Outlook Conduit was in the name. Sorry I couldn't be more specific but it should help.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    Start / Programs / Palm / Conduit settings

On the older Palm desktop you had to reinstall the Palm desktop and choose during installation.
    Believe the original install CD for the W came with Chapura's PocketMirror.
  9.    #9  
    Yes it did, I'll try that but I guess I shouldn't be concerned as I have everything in Outlook and gmail.