Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Cassiopeia E-10 On WinCE. Just absolute junk.

bj
    Palm Treo 600, around the time man began walking upright.
    Verizon
    My first device was a Visor Prism with the Sprint Visor phone attachment.
    HTC Touch Pro On sprint...loved it but too much for me i believe. So now i am on the waiting list to get the Pre. Wonder how long it will take.
    UNC-W Class of 11'
    I am KittyCOW hear me Mewooo!
    XBL Tag- KittyCOW
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    My first smartphone was a Centro around the end of 2007. I almost got the 800w when they were marked down to $99.99 but no stores around me seemed to have any. I was considering the Treo Pro or the HTC Touch Pro but decided to wait and go with the Pre. That turned out to be a great decision, I absolutely love the Pre.
    Don't know if it counts, but I had a Casio watch that would store 50 phone #'s and other things I can't remember back in like 1985. Boy was I bitter when my stepmom threw it in the trash!

On to my palm history....
    I had a Palm Pilot, years later a Palm Vx, then shortly after a Treo 600, followed by a free upgrade since mine was broken to a 650. Then a Centro and now the Best of them all a PRE!
    Last edited by frankos72; 06/12/2009 at 12:49 AM. Reason: More info
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    ...the Palm i705.
    Great device, decent data plan to start with ($40/mo unlimited, if slow, data back in '02-ish), clear display, rather quick OS for the time.
    When Palm raised the bandwidth fees, I figured if I was going to get a PDA that had phone capability, I may as well get one that was a good phone as well. Of course, that ruled out the Tungsten T|W!
    I ended up getting an unlocked Treo 270 and didn't look back. Had to hack it to get GPRS capability (with info from the TreoCentral boards!) though.

-Rusty
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71
    first smartphone was touch diamond, second will be the pre! i cant wait for tomorrow!
    First was a green Handspring Visor
    Then a color-screen Handspring Prism
    Then a Sony Clie NX-70, with the enormous screen
    Finally a Nokia 810 internet tablet, also with an enormous screen, which I still use
    Waiting for a Palm Pre

I wrote some software for the Visor/Clie which I hope will work with the PalmOS emulator on the Pre.

Blasted Visor is part of the reason I do not have a Pre right this moment. Like the rest of you I had the Sprint springboard module. So I got an account with Sprint. Later the module broke, so I canceled my Sprint account.

This is important: in corporation-speak, a canceled account is not the same as no account. I thought it was.

So on June 6th, when I was #6 at a store that had only 8 units, the sales clerk asked me if I had a Sprint account. I said "No." He looked it up and said "OMG! There is an account already, you must be a victim of identity theft, you have to call Sprint's fraud department."

Unfortunately the fraud department was closed on weekends. So I lost my Pre. I signed up on a waiting list at a Sprint non-corporate store, they say it should be here next week.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Good and sexy ol' V.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    My first "smart" device was some Casio piece of junk I picked up at Radio Shack in 1996. My first PDA type device was the Palm Vx. My first Smartphone was the Motorola Q9c.
    I would qualify my Palm Pre as my first smartphone. Before the Pre I had a Katana, and before that a Sanyo 8100, neither one would I call 'smart'
    I guess my first smart device was my Sidekick 3. It was the only "smartphone" (if you use that word loosely) that was available on prepaid. After it broke, I moved to a Sidekick Slide. Then I switched over to Sprint after I got a part-time job and bought an HTC Touch this past October. Then I switched to a BlackBerry Curve 8330 in January. And now here I am in June with a Palm Pre.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    700wx, winmo sucks soo much
    I was at a garage sale and this guy had a 600 that said Sprint on it. He swore that it worked. i gave him 20.00 bucks for it. Been using it ever since.
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
    First "smart" device was Palm Vx and first "smart - phone" was a Visor with a GSM VisorPhone module back in the 90es . PDAs were exciting back then
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    First was Palm V in 1999.

Upgraded to Palm VIII for - hold onto your hats - the awesomeness of 8 megs of storage.

If I remember correctly, this was around the time the Clie's starting kicking Palms **** with innovation (mainly color screens). Palm stepped up to the challenge with the Treos.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Tree 755p in Aug 2007
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    My first smart device was a Compaq Aero 1500 Palm-Size PC (Before they were called PocketPCs!) It was black and white, but very lightweight and a superb battery life.

Actually, I may have had a Palm III before then...

I did replace it soon after, however with a Casio Cassiopeia E-105. Then a long string of PocketPCs after that, until my first smart phone, the Motorola Q
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Audiovox PPC6600 - the pre's slide out keyboard and screen size are gonna make it feel just like it all over again, but with a much more advanced OS and modern shell!!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast