Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Psion back in '94; had a credit card sized Japanese addressbook with full keyboard in '88. Pilot in '97.
    Visor Pro, it was a great device that did everything I needed it to do. Then came the Treo 180.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    God no one here had an HP200LX? HP200LX.NET -- Main page or HP 200LX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I had one of these in 95/96 with a compact flash modem that plugged into my ericcson gsm phone.

I could check my compuserve mail wirelessly back then. Very cool device.
    HP-95LX, HP-100LX, HP-200LX - starting back in 1992. A complete computer (IBM XT compatible) in your pocket. An amazing device for it's time. Before the HP, I had a Casio B.O.S.S.
    Palm Pilot
    Palm Pilot Professional, and then worked thru these thru the years:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Palm IIIxe, then m505, then zire 71, then Tungsten E2, then TX.

I carried a separate cell phone and PDA all those years until I got my Centro last year. Why did I wait so long!
    Sharp Wizard OZ-7000, too. Bought it at Sears for about $200 I think.

Smaller than the Newton, but the technology back then just wasn't at a level that made the transition from Daytimers and pocket calendars compelling. Also, the fear of losing all my data made parallel record-keeping on paper essential anyway - it became a useless toy pretty quick.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by solar_plexus View Post
    Well I had the visor itself first (Green...ugh) then the visor pro, then Sprint dropped the price of the springboard module to like $30 or something like that. How canyou pass THAT up? It was fun in a horrible sort of way.
    Oh yeah - the Sprint "Data Link" or somesuch. I think I got the springboard for close to nothing and bought one of those clunky Visors and used it as my phone for a while. It loved to reset and looked pretty ridiculous holding up to my ear, but it worked. Back in the day when a non-spook being able to surf the web and get email on a cell phone was rare.

As soon as Handspring released their first Treo with a removable flash card (so my data would be safe), I dumped the Visor to Craigslist and never looked back.

The new Pre phone will be regressing back to the days when we had no local backup or expandability via removable flash memory. It's interesting to remember that the Treo line never made much of a dent until they added a memory slot to the Treo 600 in 2003...
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Palm Pilot Professional, and then worked thru these thru the years:
    That's quite a collection! I don't know how many cables and accessories I've given away to Goodwill and friends, but I've usually been able to subsidize upgrades by selling off my old PDA/phone while they were still worth something to someone.
    Actually I "gave" away all my older devices to friends and relatives on the condition that when they don't need it anymore or if the device died they return it to me.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Treo 650
    Mine was a Samsung I300, Samsung I330, then Treo 90...& just grew from there, all Treo's.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Like Solar Plexus I had a Casio 'clam shell' smart device that wasn't very user friendly of maybe it was just the user. Anyway I went with Palm with their first smart device and every model since then. I bought the Treo 600 when it was first introduced and upgraded to the Treo 650 when it was released. I love the Palm OS but ultimately switched to the iPhone because I got tired of waiting for something like the Pre and the Centro keyboard was just to tight for my fat fingers. I love the iPhone but still miss the Treo keyboard and OS. I almost went with the Pro since I have been forced to learn MS Outlook but will wait to see if the Pre is the device I hope it will be. My Treo 650 is my 'tank' virtually indestructible and is what I carry when the environment is iPhone unfriendly.
    Visor deluxe, with Sprint Springboard phone module. I upgraded to a Visor Prism, still using the Sprint Springboard. For Europe trips, I got a GSM springboard for $10 (and expensed it), which I've used in France and Italy (though last fall it stopped working in France).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Visor deluxe, with Sprint Springboard phone module. I upgraded to a Visor Prism, still using the Sprint Springboard. For Europe trips, I got a GSM springboard for $10 (and expensed it), which I've used in France and Italy (though last fall it stopped working in France).
    I loved my Prism even though I had to have it replaced 5 times. I guess it was because it was my first color screen and it was great.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    M500 pda then a 505 and then I saw the Treo 600 and thought "I must have it!"

and god was it a piece of junk...

then I saw the 650 and thought "wow they must have got it right this time!" and it was a piece of junk.

Then I got a nokia e61 and went from there...
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Can't post links yet.

Need 10 posts first

I really hate that

Four more to go

Sorry about all this

Really is a dumb rule

But what can you do
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Cool Thread.

My first was a Casio SF3300A Around 1993 I think.

My second was the Sharp Zaurus ZR-5000 Around 1996
    Palm Pilot - IIIX - TungstenT - Treo 600 - Treo 700p - Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Astropin View Post
    Can't post links yet.

Need 10 posts first

I really hate that

Four more to go

Sorry about all this

Really is a dumb rule

But what can you do
    Can we have that in Haiku next time?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast