Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I started with a Casio Datalink watch to keep me organized, then went to a Palm VX as my first PDA. My first foray into converged PDA / phone was the original Sidekick.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I wasn't cool enough to have the Visor with Springboard modules, I rocked the 3 and 3c. So I had to settle for the Treo 300 as my first "smartphone".
    Well I had the visor itself first (Green...ugh) then the visor pro, then Sprint dropped the price of the springboard module to like $30 or something like that. How canyou pass THAT up? It was fun in a horrible sort of way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    SNAP! I forgot all about that watch. I had one too. It was the first generation Casio Databank watch. Mine was gold-toned. I think I got it back in high-school. I loved that watch. I've still got it too. I'm almost afraid to send it in to get repaired, because I don't know if I'll get it back. It's gotta be about 21 years old.
    *snicker*
    I only had the casio calculator watch.......
    Flashback time....I wonder where my Swatch Watch is....
    This thread is awesome!
    Reminds me of just how much of a Geek I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by solar_plexus View Post
    This thread is awesome!
    Reminds me of just how much of a Geek I am.
    Here's how much of a geek I am.
    Had a Casio databank watch. Loved it. First pda was the Treo 90. Bought a treo 300 from Amazon in 2003 and never looked back.
    Like my sig says, I rocked an Atari Portfolio portable (big-pocket pocketable) computer. It even had either a serial port or a modem you could snap into it (not both at once). Yes, you could even use the dial-up wired modem. It was a great little organizer, and you could call up a contact's phone number, hold your (wired) phone up to the speaker, and dial a voice number that way. It had a great chicklet keyboard that wasn't too small.

...and yes, it was used in "Terminator 2-Judgement Day" by John Conner to access an ATM. Shame they never sold that little accessory.

Truly ahead of its time!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    kyocera 6035

before that a calculator watch.

before that a radioshack 100:1 kit.

I know the last 2 prolly don't apply, but I just had to mention my 100:1 kit.
    oh, and my erector set.
    Just call me Berd.
    My first one was a Treo 600... and before that I actually had this thing called a 'brain' that had a very advanced 'memory' until I became dependent on other devices.
    God no one here had an HP200LX? HP200LX.NET -- Main page or HP 200LX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I had one of these in 95/96 with a compact flash modem that plugged into my ericcson gsm phone.

I could check my compuserve mail wirelessly back then. Very cool device.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    kyocera 6035

before that a calculator watch.

before that a radioshack 100:1 kit.

I know the last 2 prolly don't apply, but I just had to mention my 100:1 kit.
    oh, and my erector set.
    LOL
    I loved my Erector set!!!
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    My first one was a Treo 600... and before that I actually had this thing called a 'brain' that had a very advanced 'memory' until I became dependent on other devices.
    Yeah... that 'brain' thing was highly overated. Nobody uses those anymore.
    Kyo 6035, before that my nephew sold me a NEO (Casio I think) with horrible WinME on it. The battery wouldnt stay charged long enough to do anything with it so I really dont count it as my first.

That Kyocera was a tank. I loved the 7135 too.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I hear apple is planning to sue the brain.
    I read treocentral daily but never post. This tread might get my fingers going again. I started off with the visor deluxe and visor phone springboard.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    I was a Filofax (well, Filofax clone at least!) person until I discovered the PalmPilot!

(Did Smirnoff run those adverts in the US too??)
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    1st PDA was a PalmPilot 1996
    !st Color Screen PDA was a Visor Prism ????
    1st SmartPhone was a Treo 300 2003
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 02/19/2009 at 08:35 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Honestly it's my Centro I got back in December 08
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I hear apple is planning to sue the brain.
    Well....they DO have a patent on all hand gestures involving one or more fingers pointed toward one or more people.....too....so.........
    This is my first one
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast