1.    #1  
    Does anyone do this? With almost everything available via i tunes. I am failing to see the use of home internet service like Comcast, cable tv via Comcast and my DVR. They all seem to be getting very expensive and not of much use, I can go to a coffee shop with free wifi an download all of my music and tv shows in a hour or so and I save $50+ a month.

Do any of you just use your Centro/Treo as your internet and mobile source for everything?

What do you all think?
    Just be aware of data usage caps on your plan. Your cell phone co. will charge you a lot more if you exceed usage limits.

If you do get wifi free access like AT&T does in Starbucks, it would be ok.

Otherwise check threads discussing this.
    I'd try it for a month before I would cancel Comcast. I think it's possible. Sometimes I don't use the "big machines" at all. My friends joke that I'm always staring into my Treo and I've never appoached the Sprint 5GB cap. I watch youtube but no movies. Good luck!
    I tether to my treo for internet access and its the only means of access available to nme right now. Personally I haven't had any issues as far as reaching the cap but I limit my downloads to when I can find a wifi spot or borrow a buddy's machine. The speeds are a bit slower but all in all it serves my purpose which right now is browsing and email.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    i only do this for e-mail and quick net browsing. but for the heavy duty stuff, i still rely on broadband.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolemcgrgr50 View Post
    Does anyone do this? With almost everything available via i tunes. I am failing to see the use of home internet service like Comcast, cable tv via Comcast and my DVR. They all seem to be getting very expensive and not of much use, I can go to a coffee shop with free wifi an download all of my music and tv shows in a hour or so and I save $50+ a month.

Do any of you just use your Centro/Treo as your internet and mobile source for everything?

What do you all think?

Do you have a laptop? Or are you viewing everything only on your Treo? I would find it difficult to view large pages on a small Treo screen, especially for a prolonged time. I recently bought an inexpensive 10" screen netbook, and I'm able to easily tether my netbook to my Treo 755p as a modem using PdaNet. Most of the time though, I simply stick in my USB wireless modem card into my netbook for internet access, which I pay an extra $60/month (on top of my cell phone bill) and find this to be more convenient to not tie up my cell phone line.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I used my 700w and pdanet as my only internet connection for over a year. It was frustrating at times, and I had to keep an eye on my usage. I saved a lot of money, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by deus_m12 View Post
    i only do this for e-mail and quick net browsing. but for the heavy duty stuff, i still rely on broadband.
    Ditto.

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.