1.    #1  
    Edit: Never mind on this post (I can't delete it) She went to Verizon and after them spending 2 1/2 hours on the phone with tech support, they got her email setup and were able to hotsync.

Here's the original post:
    I searched, got 205 threads, none with this problem, so here it goes.

I have hotsynced many Palms and never had a window pop up asking for a password. Here's what happened. A woman in our office has a Verizon 755p. She's ignorant of the phone and has never synced or backed it up in the year she's had it. I put NVBackup on the phone and backed it up, then downloaded Palm Desktop and Hotsync manager for the Verizon Treo 755p from Palms website. When I went to hotsync, it kept asking for a password. We put in everything we thought of and even called Verizon Tech support who had no idea. I did a hard reset and hotsynced and it worked perfectly. Restored the phone from NVBackup and got the password problem again. What's causing this, I've never seen a password on my phone and she knows she never put one in?

Another strange thing is she doesn't have Versamail on the phone. It wasn't even there after the hard reset. I'm guessing that has to be installed from the disc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by RickMG; 02/06/2009 at 05:46 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas