1.    #1  
    All,

I have a cetro I use to get pages from work for emergencies. I usually get my pages via xxx-xxx-xxx@txt.att.com. My signal is almost non-existent in my house. I have missed text pages and my job is on the line here.

I'm looking into femtocells or picocells or some other type of relay to route my incoming txt messages through the internet to a small cell tower in my house which then broadcasts to the cell in the house. Unfortunately ATT has not yet come out with their 3G Microcell product yet. T-Mobile has "Airave", but I don't want to switch carriers just yet.

Does anyone out there have a similar problem with a solution?

All responses much appreciated.

oracle_man at yahoo.com
    Verizon, Sprint and Now AT&T are selling a new produt that hooks up to your home internet services and acts almost like a VOIP connected to your cell hpone. when you walk in the house, this thing takes over the hpone call. you don;t use minutes and it offers much better reception. there is a monthly charge

the sprint one is called Airwave. I forget the name of the ATT& T one, but it has been dsicssued recently on Endgadget.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  3.    #3  
    ATT does not have the 3G Microcell out yet. Very disapointing. I have called and tried to get on their beta program. But I'm just a small fish in the sea ready to lose his job and house because I'm missing work related text call.

I think I will have to go to the competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by oracle_man View Post
    ATT does not have the 3G Microcell out yet. Very disapointing. I have called and tried to get on their beta program. But I'm just a small fish in the sea ready to lose his job and house because I'm missing work related text call.

I think I will have to go to the competition.
    It wouldn't help you anyway. The AT&T microcell is 3G only, the Centro GSM/Edge only.
  5.    #5  
    I don't mind having to get a 3G phone. I was just hoping to avoid changing carriers and paying the cancellation fees. Despite that, I have to do what ever it takes to get a signal in my house. I may just have to pop for an expensive Wilson Electonics repeater/power booster.
    Quote Originally Posted by oracle_man View Post
    I don't mind having to get a 3G phone. I was just hoping to avoid changing carriers and paying the cancellation fees. Despite that, I have to do what ever it takes to get a signal in my house. I may just have to pop for an expensive Wilson Electonics repeater/power booster.
    That was what I would suggest. Pricey but it may be what you need.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    well - if you spend the money for the singal boaster, at tleast it will work w/ all of the atT phones in your house, and there will be no monthly fee (like the microcell). After a few years of use, it may be cheaper w/ the booster.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Do all these boosters relay SMS or text messages? Not just audio voice calls? It seems that is what (actually "paging") that the OP got in trouble with his boss for missing.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    Do all these boosters relay SMS or text messages? Not just audio voice calls? It seems that is what (actually "paging") that the OP got in trouble with his boss for missing.

Your right, that is what the OP wants and thats what I understood. The Wilson boosters do relay Voice, SMS and even Data signals. Phones and Data cards should see a strong signal using these repeaters. Not only is the OP going to receive his texts but also gets the added bonus of extended battery life between charges as the phone won't have to search for a signal outside of the house with the repeater running. I've thought about going this route myself but now I have a tower within a half mile from me.
    Here's a link to Wilson Electronics in house boosters... Cell Phone Antennas and Cell Phone Boosters at Wilson Electronics
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre