Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    As discussed in another thread, I am a Treo Pro owner suffering from the infamous cracking problem.

Short version: my Pro has now been away for repair for 4 weeks! I hope everyone agrees that is unacceptable.

My problem is - what do I do about it? The only customer support is by web/email (based in Argentina?) and they just keep apologising but promise nothing. If you try calling Palm Europe in the UK (on +44 118 974 2700) you are told to use the web for customer support, and if you try to speak to reception the phone rings for ever!

Any suggestions what to do next? To take legal action would require me to contact the retailer first, which is not Palm.

Help!
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Here's my latest update from Customer Services
    Thank you for contacting Palm technical support.
    Your case number is:
    We really understand your frustration in this matter, you sent your device a month ago and still have not received it back. We apologize for this unusual delay, but we are currently expecting updates from the repair center. As soon as we receive an update we will contact you. This has been escalated again to our supervisors.
    If you have any further questions please contact us again.
    I tried ringing Palm Europe in Wokingham UK again today, and I can confirm that if you try to reach reception the phone rings for 3 minutes then hangs up.

Has nobody else had experience of Palm Europe's customer support?

Can anyone suggest a contact in Palm Corporate I can complain to?
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I finally got a replacement Treo Pro after 5 weeks.

No apology from Palm
    No acknowledgement of my complaint
    No compensation
    No way I'm ever buying an unlocked device from Palm again.
    Almost all bigger companies are like that these days. They kiss **** to get your money, then they no longer care.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    When I had to return my sisters Centro under warranty I was told to send it to SBE UK Limited, is that where your Treo Pro was sent?
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    When I had to return my sisters Centro under warranty I was told to send it to SBE UK Limited, is that where your Treo Pro was sent?
    Yes, that's them. They are the 'repair centre'.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    My replacement Pro now has cracks in the casing. I really don't want to go all through this pain again!

Does anyone have a suggestion for someone at Palm I could contact in Europe or the US who might discuss the quality of customer service?
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Where did you buy the Pro from?
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    Where did you buy the Pro from?
    It was bought from LambdaTek (so no mobile contract, just the phone)

With hindsight, what I should have done was return the item direct to LambdaTek, not Palm. That's how UK consumer law works. Now, my replacement unit is Palm's responsibility. I just hate the thought of doing battle with them again.

My point is there is nobody in Palm I can actually talk to. They don't answer the phone, they ignored a letter, and emails go to Argentina before being routed to a third party repair shop.