1.    #1  
    Hi, there.

If there are any of my old ChatterEmail users around, shoot me a note if you're interested in testing/using/providing valued input for a new email application for Android. This will clearly be a work-in-progress, built entirely from scratch, with the goal of being a true, world-class application for people who depend on reliable, stable, powerful (and of course true push) email.

Best to all,

Marc
    marc@androidmail.com
    Hey Marc!

Did you post over at AndroidCentral?

I'm using the Pro now.
    Just call me Berd.
    windows mobile support?!?!!!
    HTC Touch Pro
    Now I'm going to have to take a serious look at Android.
    Wow....if it weren't for sero, I would def jump ship
    Marc:

Good to see you are back. I posted this someplace else but don't know if you saw it. I am curious, assuming the NDA has expired for you, can you now tell us what work you were doing at Palm and if any components of Chatter made it into the Pre?

Although it looks interesting, I really don't see the Pre as being my next device. Too consumer oriented. When they speak about facebook etc. so much, I realize I need more of a business device. The 755p and palmOS seems to be abandoned for business customers so regrettable I am looking at the BB Curve now (just testing). But, I am interested to hear from you.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Riz says something about Chatter and the Pre in Dieter's Part 1 Thread.

I quouted it in Post #2 or 3
    I plan to stick with my GSM Centro and Chatter for now. I wish you the best in your new project though and may switch to Android when it is available on AT&T (or at least compatible with AT&T 3G) and on a phone more to my liking.

Given the lousy email options on the G1 I would say there is plenty of potential for a best in class email app. If you can keep the great features of Chatter such as push email for multiple accounts and folders with full control over which SMTP server and reply to address to use and at the same time provide additional gmail support such as the ability to edit filters, you will have a worthy successor to Chatter.
    Marc:

Been testing a curve with BES for a few days. Believe it or not, Chatter to my Exchange server is BETTER than BES. Folders don't sync - they 'redirect' on a BB. I can't get anything older than 14 days onto the BB. I use a "pending" folder in Outlook with some e-mails that are several months old - can't see it on a BB.

There are two IMAP clients for the BB. One is free and poor, the other is $30 and new (I haven't tested). So......any chance you want to make an imap client for the BB?
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Hi Marc

I'd be interested in testing & promise to provide good feedback.

Regards,

RK
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    windows mobile support?!?!!!
    Seconded! Chattermail is the program I most miss from POS. (Using Flexmail 4, now, which is sort of OK...)
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...