1.    #1  
    Just came across the new Palm website looking for information on my 755P. I went to www.palm.com . It has changed in the last few hours. There are only three devices listed - the Centro, the Treo Pro, and the 800w. Kinda strange, but there are NO PDAs listed anywhere on the site. WOW!! Is this a major change or what!!

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Hmm, I wouldn't be surprised if on Thursday the 800w gets replaced by the new device. Also, I really like it, it looks nice and clean.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post

How do you get to it from the main www.palm.com site?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Try Accessories from the homepage and look in the upper left.
    Yeah, But you get a Hold on A Bit Warning Page as they get Support working again... Seems it is not quite ready for prime time.

I hope this does not bode what we are to expect with the Nova Palm Device that has been leaked to us....

I am hoping that the device mock up does not show all the features and that true real time mobile video phone is part of the release.

China Mobile has it and so does China Mobiles Competitor in China.

If China can do it Palm and the others should be able to pull it off....
    Cary Conover
    Principal Systems Consultant
    Friend of Bill W. and Dr. Bob
    309-550-2877 Cell
    AIM - cdc6000x
    ICQ - #16279059
    T-Mobile 3095502877@tmomail.net <<---- Easiest method to contact me.
    Yahoo - carydconover@yahoo.com
    Hotmail - caryconover@hotmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by carydc View Post
    I hope this does not bode what we are to expect with the Nova Palm Device that has been leaked to us....
    Oh, yeah, because the people who design the website are the same ones making the device.
    No Because the People Hired to do the Website were also the ones that Hired and Manage the People that Do Design and Develope the Devices that we are about to see released.....

Management is Management.

Bad Choices are Bad Choices.

If they are in one area, likely there are in another.

Sure one section can be cleaned up, but there is apparently a Disconnect in the PRPRPR $Department$ $that$ $controls$ $the$ $Support$ $and$ $WebSite$.
    Cary Conover
    309-550-2877 Cell
    AIM - cdc6000x
    ICQ - #16279059
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Hmm, I wouldn't be surprised if on Thursday the 800w gets replaced by the new device.
    Actually I would.

I mean why go through all that effort with graphics, comparison charts (.pdf), multiple photos grouped together, dozens of pages with all 3 phones side by side, for just 2 days?

Seems easier to just to launch and leave it off.
    Sure one section can be cleaned up, but there is apparently a Disconnect in the PRPRPR $Department$ $that$ $controls$ $the$ $Support$ $and$ $WebSite$.
    "Support" is now up and running.

Little hasty to jump to conclusions late at night I think, lol.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Remember Time Lines are now Global so Local to you is Not Local to the otherside of the Planet where there are 600 Million Phone Users that happen to be awake and using their phones.

Yeah, they do not use Palm now. But had they that would be a Major issue....
    Cary Conover
    309-550-2877 Cell
    AIM - cdc6000x
    ICQ - #16279059
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Remember Time Lines are now Global so Local to you is Not Local to the otherside of the Planet where there are 600 Million Phone Users that happen to be awake and using their phones.

Yeah, they do not use Palm now. But had they that would be a Major issue....
    But we don't get that site - we get redirected locally and it's still the old one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Actually I would.

I mean why go through all that effort with graphics, comparison charts (.pdf), multiple photos grouped together, dozens of pages with all 3 phones side by side, for just 2 days?

Seems easier to just to launch and leave it off.
    Okay, maybe not Thursday replacing the 800w, but soon. We know the Treo Pro is coming on Sprint at the end of the month, so I assume the 800w will be EOLed soon. Not to mention, its been said for a while that it will be Treo for business, Centro as a cheap low-end product, and Nova for the prosumer market. With that being the case, it won't make sense to me to have two Treos front and center on the webpage. Maybe not Thursday but I'd bet a few weeks after the Treo Pro on Sprint, the 800w will be removed from the site.
    ... I told you so.

Edit: As it turns out, it was apparently only temporarily (Thursday night I guess) that the 800w was taken off the page because its back now.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 01/11/2009 at 11:03 PM.