1.    #1  
    if you could choose between treo or iphone what would you pick? I have
    700wx right now but I am switching to ATT soon...
    depends what you're planning to us it for primarily
    I think it is what you like, take them both for a test drive. Different strokes for different folks.
    You could read through the thread titled "what does the iPhone do that my Treo 800w can't." It's pretty much covered in there.
    I own both, like posted above.. it all depends on what you plan on using it for.
    I LOVE the iphone, it is awesome, but..... there are alot of things that the Treo's will do, that the iphone can't touch.
    The calandar app on the Treo is better
    The multi media stuff on the iphone is way better
    Treo has cut & paste, and easy document viewing / editing. iphone doesn't
    you can't edit near as many settings on the iphone, especially the sounds, and skins.
    As far as ease of use, and just plain old "looks" the iphone wins hands down.

Both have good and bad, I would suggest getting ahold of an iphone from someone, and playing around with it a little bit before you make any permanent switches.

My main reason for going apple was the stability, NO MORE RESETS!!

Hope this helped a little,
    And yet my iphone still resets? Not often, but more than the centro did.

My main reason for the iphone 3g was the screen baby with the multimedia and games. And that browser. Not to mention i can type faster on the iphone than any other device, but you'll either love the kb or hate it. 16 gb built in, no card swapping. Itunes sucks though and would rather see something online based for syncing.

As for being productive (lol), i make do..moreso with a light laptop with a card modem built in. I don't want to see spreadsheets on a phone..takes too long to fool with.

Wouldn't mind better contacts or calendar on the iphone. Maybe there's a way to have separated contacts and calendars like work vs personal, but i haven't fooled with it so much for the iphone. It's all mingled.

For all these "productive" business uses, i don't want to bring the office home on a phone or be tied to the office. I like it separate. Be careful what you wish for. It should help organize, read email, keep contacts, do quick web searches and that's about it for "productivity". Anything else, its more productive to use the lappie.

I'm still waiting to see what Nova brings though.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Not to mention i can type faster on the iphone than any other device, but you'll either love the kb or hate it.
    Stop lying, please
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Stop lying, please
    I can type just as fast on my iPhone as my 800w.

Of course, I make more mistakes too.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    more mistakes = more corrections = less speed introducing text (not letters)

This way it's better said.
    auto correction keeps the speed up. Really, i can gripe a lot about what the iphone isn't, but the kb is fine for me. It does take two thumbs and you have to keep eyes on it to use..can't do by touch.

Then again, i've been using an iphone since it first came out. It takes time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ILBandit View Post
    I own both, like posted above.. it all depends on what you plan on using it for.
    I LOVE the iphone, it is awesome, but..... there are alot of things that the Treo's will do, that the iphone can't touch.
    The calandar app on the Treo is better
    The multi media stuff on the iphone is way better
    Treo has cut & paste, and easy document viewing / editing. iphone doesn't
    you can't edit near as many settings on the iphone, especially the sounds, and skins.
    As far as ease of use, and just plain old "looks" the iphone wins hands down.

Both have good and bad, I would suggest getting ahold of an iphone from someone, and playing around with it a little bit before you make any permanent switches.

My main reason for going apple was the stability, NO MORE RESETS!!

Hope this helped a little,
    OK, yes, I quoted myself.... After reading today about the new Palm phone coming out soon.... I can almost feel the Palm force pulling me back to them.