1.    #1  
    I have a love Hate with the Blackberry Storm.. i love the fact that it has a big screen and all sorts of eye candy that's pretty cool. But it's very tedious work to do simple tasks.. and can no longer work the phone with one hand.. I don't know.. i just want palm to come out with something great... the Treo 650 i had lasted YEARS! and worked great right out of the box.. but did need an update to fix the phone freezing on a hangup. Palm had a solid product right out of the box.. The Storm... is going to probably have 6+ major updates in the first year it's out.. unless i'm wrong there was only one or 2 updates for the treo 650 that i ever knew about or had to do.

Either way i'm sticking with the storm for now, and am getting used to it and typing has become very easy. But i hope Palm shows something to excite us... As i'm sure the info on the conference will be published everywhere, i hope it's great news! And not us saying... oh no.. not again!!
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I am relieved to know that the Storm is crap. I was feeling guilty about dumping my 755p for another brand and Storm was the closest alternative. I can now calmly wait to be disappointed by the Nova along with all the other die-hards.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens View Post
    I am relieved to know that the Storm is crap. I was feeling guilty about dumping my 755p for another brand and Storm was the closest alternative. I can now calmly wait to be disappointed by the Nova along with all the other die-hards.

Could Palm Hit a Home Run? The Palm V was a home run! it's usually 3 stirkes and you are out (and how many strikes has it been for Palm). and yes i will try the Nova when released; currently using the Samsung ACE on Sprint and I have order the Kogan "Agora" My wife and son have ATT with their iphones and I will add a line for the "Android" phone that comes unlocked!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I retired my 755p for the storm. I am getting used to it and love the push email, but I miss the simplicity of my treo. My 30 day trial has not expired and I am really undecided on keeping it. I have to stay with verizon due to coverage, and the storm is my first choice to replace the treo. Even if they announce the nova os in jan, I wonder how long it will be till handsets make it to market?
    Quote Originally Posted by doctoss View Post
    ....Even if they announce the nova os in jan, I wonder how long it will be till handsets make it to market?
    They have stated - first quarter 2009.

Edit: As LiveFaith said below it was 1st Half. My mistake! Too much holiday spirit.
    Last edited by johncc; 12/27/2008 at 03:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    They have stated - first quarter 2009.
    If I'm not mistaken, I thot he said 1st 1/2 of 2009. If so, then I expect mid-june and maybe a missed deadline into August or September. Yet, I milk by tired, torn, and tattered 680 along believing against all hope that superNova will dazzle. If so, it should be fun beta testing for the next 3 years for Palm.

Like many I hear of around here, this is the last straw for Palm and my patience. If they lay an egg this time, I'm leaving for good. BB Storm was #1 on my list, but my son's iTouch Christmas gift absolutely blows me away. That thing is light years ahead of anything Palm and at least sound years ahead of the Storm in form and functionality. Now, can I get enough apps to make an iPhone as utilitarian as my 680, 650, T3, m505, Vx, and IIIe s/e? Uggggggh?
    Patrick Horne
    I can't wait to see what the nova will look like. I still like the 755P for the one handed use and love the feel of it in my hand. The rubberized paint is the thing that spoiled me. Whatever device Palm releases, it needs that rubberized paint
    I retired my 755p for the storm. I am getting used to it and love the push email, but I miss the simplicity of my treo. My 30 day trial has not expired and I am really undecided on keeping it. I have to stay with verizon due to coverage, and the storm is my first choice to replace the treo. Even if they announce the nova os in jan, I wonder how long it will be till handsets make it to market?

Get ready for a long wait for VZW to release any new Palm phone! Bet you will not see it until 2010 on VZW.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Get ready for a long wait for VZW to release any new Palm phone! Bet you will not see it until 2010 on VZW.
    If it good enough I would jump carriers or get a second phone for "personal" use, just so my wife doesn't find out. Which carrier would be your bet, but please don't say sprint (bad reception in my area).
    I was going to say Sprint!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I was going to say Sprint!
    A good nova device, even on Sprint, would be very tempting.
  12.    #12  
    A good nova device, even on Sprint, would be very tempting.
    The storm is slowly growing on me... BUT i just saw that they may bring back grafiti!! if they brought that back and the ability to highlight exactly what you want and paste it.. hmmm

LIke i said... if they could make a T|X with blutooth/Wifi and update the browser.. see you later storm!!!
    Palm should have used Android. They could have had a device out by now. Instead they once again wasted their time.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    The storm is slowly growing on me... BUT i just saw that they may bring back grafiti!! if they brought that back and the ability to highlight exactly what you want and paste it.. hmmm

LIke i said... if they could make a T|X with blutooth/Wifi and update the browser.. see you later storm!!!
    I have had graffiti on my Treo 700p for >2 years - I installed Jot, and it works fine. As for a new phone, my Treo does everything I want, but its almost daily crashes are growing tiresome. I played with the Storm and didn't like it. No cut-and-paste on iPhone is a dealbreaker for me; I liked Bold, but not AT&T network. Email and synced scheduling are key for me and my organization uses Groupwise, and has Blackberry Enterprise server. For now, though, with Chatter for email and SmartSync for syncing calendar, I am sticking with my buggy 700p and will wait for Nova, but unless it is really a step forward, I may bail.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    this was from my B2B rep today

"A few months back I heard from a reliable source that Verizon isn't going to be doing business with Palm for a while. Not really sure what it has to do with, but I know we aren't expecting any of their phones for our network. Our annual sales recognition event is in Vegas next month and all the vendors are there showcasing new models, so I will let you know what I see."

I did ask him about the deal with activating Sprint phones on the VZW network and was told

Eventually yes, but I am not sure when it will take effect.
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW