1.    #1  
    Some of you like me are on the unofficial CDMA network of Palm and have either been nursing a 6xxP,7xxP or upgraded to a Centro (how your fingers holding up?) or maybe you jumped ship to another carrier?

I'm personally frustrated watching iPhone 3G's, G1's and Storms fly by us with no response (ok, maybe not not so jealous of the Storm). It's not only recently we started to see some actual news with the Roteo and oh please God I hope that's not the new Palm! It wouldn't be bad if the thing was thin, could vertical slide like this and then also do the "Roteo" thing, best of both worlds but an engineering nightmare I know. But it really seems 1st half of 2009 is when the everything is going to come out like the Treo Pro 'Subsidized Version' (too little, too late in my opinion), the new Samsung, the new Nova Palm and I'm sure much more to follow. I just have to pray me and my little 700p can hold on that long.

Anyone think we will be surprised 1st quarter with something that's worthy?
    I'm optimistic about the Nova phone. Announcement 8th Jan, available May-June.
    Last edited by johncc; 12/21/2008 at 06:00 AM.
    I'll hold out for a Nova phone. First carrier to carry it get's my contract. That or I'll buy it unlocked.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I'm a Palm fan since the mid 90's but a jailbroken iphone is pretty much the phone of the gods, with the exception of the copy/paste thing. I still have my 700p on a SERO plan, and I do still love it.

I have an Iphone 3g (work phone) as well. I've got the Iphone to be about 95% as useful as the Treo. There are some limitations since you have to use the os-driven keyboard, but the benefits of all the apps and the interface more than make up for the .5 extra seconds I spend on some tasks. I have gotten used to the keyboard and auto correct and you really can type pretty damn fast with 2 thumbs once you get used to it.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Maybe its because I have completely ignored the iPhone, created a strong dislike for WinMo OS, or the fact that the Centro is my first Palm device, but I have no problem with my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    Maybe its because I have completely ignored the iPhone, created a strong dislike for WinMo OS, or the fact that the Centro is my first Palm device, but I have no problem with my phone.
    I've not ignored the iphone, but for my uses it's awful. I hate the keyboard (the little pop-up letters don't improve accuracy, they just let you know when you've made mistake). The calendar, which is the main app I use with my 755p, is weak. And there are still just too many missing capabilities (copy / paste is just the start) for it to replace my Treo.

WinMo is still more cumbersome, by far. Everything requires twice or 3 times as many actions to accomplish compared to the Palm OS. And it's no more stable, in my experience.

BB still lacks the sort of customizability and app selection that Palm and Windoze users take for granted, and ease of use is even worse than WinMo. (Although maybe the Bold is better--I haven't looked closely at that yet.) And the Storm is still buggy beyond words.

As old and archaic as it is, the P-OS on my 755p is stlil easier to use for business functions than any available alternatives. WinMo is better as a multi-media device, but that's not what I use mine for.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...3&d=1186109237

Is this even a possibility? This looks like my ultimate phone.
    I suppose some kind of slider like that is a possibility. I'm personally not a big fan of sliders, but I could see some people liking it. Personally, I think you will see Palm announce a couple models with the new OS. One will probably be essentially the Treo Pro hardware with Nova on it. This would probably be the most appealing device to me. However, I could definitely see Palm rolling out some new hardware that is a phone, but more "data centric" like a full screen slider.

Gargoyle
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    The treo pro hardware with nova would be good, but I was hoping for a larger screen in a slim design.
    Unless next palm has (hacked) tether right out of the gate. I most likely will get a fast wm phone. Nowadays I only need working Skype and tether. I don't use any other smartphone feature anymore.

I would love the Nokia n78 but I don't like GSM 3G service in the US.
    The Treo Pro hardware would be nice, except for one thing...it should have a SMILE keyboard, like the 680, 755, 800P, etc. The straight-across keys of the Centro and Treo Pro are not as conducive to accurate or speedy typing. Bring back the smiley keypad!
    Quote Originally Posted by doctoss View Post
    The treo pro hardware with nova would be good, but I was hoping for a larger screen in a slim design.
    If they did use Treo Pro hardware (and carriers subsidized) that could help keep the price nice and low right?
    Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 600 (T-Mo) --> Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 NC (Cing) --> Treo 680 (Cing) --> Pre (Sprint)