Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I just got notified that I'm a finalist in the Celebrate w/ Palm contest! I'm not going to go so far as to blatantly ask for your vote , but I'll say this, do check out the entries and vote if you're so inclined!

Here's the linky, voting goes from tomorrow (12/20) to 12/29.

http://www.palm.com/celebrate/
    I guess I'd need a Facebook account to vote for you?

Sorry, I would have voted for you too, but if there is another way please let me know.
    (I don't want to sign up for a site I don't even use.)
  3.    #3  
    Darnell,

lol, I have no idea if there's another way. I'll look into it

Riz
    what all do you get to do if you win?
    Well, I'm a Palm for Facebook fan (since Jun 13th), am logged in, but still don't have the comment ability????
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  6.    #6  
    Hey guys,

You get a trip to Vegas for CES and the Palm unveil if you win.

You have to be a fan of Palm, not Facebook for palm. I made that mistake initially too. it's www.facebook.com/palm

I haven't found any other way to vote than becoming a fan and posting a comment under the caption you like the best.

Regards,
    Riz
    Quote Originally Posted by RizP View Post
    Hey guys,

You get a trip to Vegas for CES and the Palm unveil if you win.

You have to be a fan of Palm, not Facebook for palm. I made that mistake initially too. it's www.facebook.com/palm

I haven't found any other way to vote than becoming a fan and posting a comment under the caption you like the best.

Regards,
    Riz
    What is your name so we know who we are voting for? That trip would be a blast! If you win, you should try to twitter the event!

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    What is your name so we know who we are voting for? That trip would be a blast! If you win, you should try to twitter the event!

Tim
    I'm Rizwan Parvez

As for Twitter/liveblogging, Sounds like a great idea. I've been w/ garnet since my handspring Visor, so I know how anxious we've all been. I'd do it. Frankly, I hope whoever wins'll report back.

Riz
    ah yes, the Visor... $300 for 8mb of storage. I remember trying to send txt messages from the Treo 600 event with my Treo 180. it was a dark event and I couldn't even see the keyboard to report my findings... Good luck Rizwan! You got my vote!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  10.    #10  
    Thanks bigredgpk! Fingers tightly crossed

Riz
    Well, I voted but unfortunately didn't see your response until after midnight so I lost a day, sorry.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Well, I voted but unfortunately didn't see your response until after midnight so I lost a day, sorry.
    RickMG,

No problem man, every little bit helps. Thanks so much for voting for me!

And thanks for reminding me to mention it, you can vote once a day.

Riz
  13.    #13  
    Well, voting is officially over, and I wanted to say thanks to everyone from TC who went through the process of voting!
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Holy Cow! Nice job! I'm v jealous of you. Have a grat time! I hope the event lives up to your (and our) expectations.

Tim
    RizP: Let's definitely meet up at the event! I'll PM ya.
    Congrats Riz! Enjoy the show!!
    Congrats! And don't forget to give us a report.
    Wow! Congrats man!! So excited for you!

Go represent us in the medical field in the event! ask about med apps!!
  19.    #20  
    Hey guys, thanks so much!

I received a call earlier today from someone at Palm who filled me in a bit on the itinerary. I'll be heading out there on the 7th, back on the 10th. The Palm event is across from the hotel.

I tried to query for any details about the unveiling, (he said he's seen the presentation practiced a bunch) but he was (of course) under obligation to not disclose. I mentioned that Palm is well known around these parts being good at keeping things under wraps, and that the whole community is really excited to see what they have in store. He mentioned that they're aware of the rumblings (and grumblings!) in the forum, and that actually some (heh, some) of the posts here regarding wants/suggestions are actually great ideas.

The guy I talked to (who also edits The Official Palm Blog) is planning on posting my impressions (as a lay person who hasn't seen the presentation rehearsed to death) of the event on his blog.

At any rate, rules are I can't "stream" live video from the show, but pretty much anything else goes. I'll be bringing my D80 with me for the event and I'll do my best to not dish up a mountain of blurry-cam.

I haven't decided how I want to send my impressions back here to the mothership, so I'm open to your ideas. I heard (from here) Twitter is a good way to do this. What are your thoughts?

Thanks again to everyone who voted, and I'll keep you posted for sure!
    (Actually, I'm pretty stoked to be contributing something useful back to this forum. You guys have been helping me out since (at least) my Treo 600 like 6 years ago!)

Regards,
    Riz
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast