1.    #1  
    http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/android...o-mobile-phone

I would like to get my hand on this device!

Skyscape is going to be releasing there Medical Programs for the Android operating system in Jan and it will reside on the device. I think that this device is going to come of age. I am ordering one. which will not be out till the 29th of January, It's totally a world phone and it is unlocked.

Now we will have the Nova and the latest Android to pick from Sprint

What does Treo Lady Have to say about this phone? Will Perry come back to the faithful and go thru the "Silly Season" with uS

The Phone is a World GSM phone with 3G in all our spectrums and it comes un lock Looks similar to a Treo Pro or the Sasmung Ace I325.

i have told others that if Iphone had a keyboard I would get it, the same goes for this Android phone the Kogan. Hopefully one of US carriers pickup this phone. Treo Lady give u input please. Only matter of time before one person write the software that will allow the old palm program to run on the Android system
    Yep. When it gets a great email program (ChatterEmail type from Marc) and Documents To Go - looking forward at that time.
    VERY Treo-like. Pretty.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Looks really nice. Why didn't they make the screen a little bigger and get rid of the big " Krogan" name under the screen? Just my .02. I sure would like to try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    Looks really nice. Why didn't they make the screen a little bigger and get rid of the big " Krogan" name under the screen? Just my .02. I sure would like to try it.
    Maybe so no one would wonder why they didn't make the screen bigger. I guess it didn't work.

(I think it's "Kogan.")
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Out of curiosity, where the heck is the Android App Store? I want to see what software offerings are out there so far and compare it to Palm and iPhone, but I can't seem to do so. A simple search (a Google search, no less!) on "Android App Store" showed me a site, but it is not searchable, it has no categories of software, it is very strange and very not user friendly.

Anyone know where THE real Android App Store is, if it exists at all?
    -- Josh
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    Out of curiosity, where the heck is the Android App Store? I want to see what software offerings are out there so far and compare it to Palm and iPhone, but I can't seem to do so. A simple search (a Google search, no less!) on "Android App Store" showed me a site, but it is not searchable, it has no categories of software, it is very strange and very not user friendly.

Anyone know where THE real Android App Store is, if it exists at all?
    -- Josh
    It's on android devices - I'm not sure it exists as a normal website. You can see it in this video.

"To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail."
    ~Michael Jordan

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
    ~Author-Sir Colin Spedding

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, Money: Whence It Came, Where It Went"

Finally upgraded and dual-booting HP TouchPad running CM9. Look out world, here I come, ready or not! Now rocking the cancelled AT&T Pre3 no thanks to HP!
    Quote Originally Posted by JackisBack View Post
    That's what I was saying in my post. This is the only "Android App Store" (market) that I could find on the web, and it doesn't work like an app store. I can't search it's categories to see what offerings they have. All I can do is cycle through a few items one at a time. I have no idea whether these are the only apps they have, or if these are featured apps, and I don't even know whether apps are categorized. I want to see what has been developed (if anything) in medical software. This "Android Market" website doesn't let me browse or search to see that. That's why I suspect something is wrong.
    -- Josh
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    That's what I was saying in my post. This is the only "Android App Store" (market) that I could find on the web, and it doesn't work like an app store. I can't search it's categories to see what offerings they have. All I can do is cycle through a few items one at a time. I have no idea whether these are the only apps they have, or if these are featured apps, and I don't even know whether apps are categorized. I want to see what has been developed (if anything) in medical software. This "Android Market" website doesn't let me browse or search to see that. That's why I suspect something is wrong.
    -- Josh

That's not the app store - that's an explanation of the app store which is only available on the handsets. On the headsets, they are spilt into categories and rated. Android is designed for cloud type devices, none of the apps or usage rely on or make use of a desktop machine.

Here's another demo of it:

Last edited by CGK; 12/18/2008 at 10:11 AM.
    "To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail."
    ~Michael Jordan

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
    ~Author-Sir Colin Spedding

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, Money: Whence It Came, Where It Went"

Finally upgraded and dual-booting HP TouchPad running CM9. Look out world, here I come, ready or not! Now rocking the cancelled AT&T Pre3 no thanks to HP!
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Going back to the Kogan - it's going to be shipped at the end of Janaury and yet all people have seen is a render - and the render changed over the last week or so... hum...

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Going back to the Kogan - it's going to be shipped at the end of Janaury and yet all people have seen is a render - and the render changed over the last week or so... hum...

what changed?

I purchased it and I will get the Palm Nova too
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    what changed?

I purchased it and I will get the Palm Nova too

http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/13/k...photoshop-any/
  15.    #15  

Thanks I had not noticed it (did not read it carefully)

The one problem I have with the Android OS is that it does synch with the desktop on my computer.

Olivetree (Bible Software) are working on their Android software
    Skyscape is going to release support for medical references in January

So the software is slowly becoming of age

thanks for your comments

I hope that Sprint releases a android phone with a keyboard like the Kogan, i know they will release one similar to the G1 (with or without slide out keyboard) Hope we will see an outpouring of devices on this new OS

Hopefully Palm will listen to it's users and release two "Nova" devices; one with a full screen version and of course the Treos we now have. I do not think Palm is "Smart" enough or has the reserves to do both??
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Hopefully Palm will listen to it's users and release two "Nova" devices; one with a full screen version and of course the Treos we now have. I do not think Palm is "Smart" enough or has the reserves to do both??
    Well, treo have burnt a lot of cash - the question is - was some of it on one or two handsets designs in the previous quarters? While it wouldn't be surprised if the cash strapped palm actually recycled the treo pro or similar design to save development costs, it would certainly kill the "wow" factor in terms of the mass market appeal.

It's certainly going to be a long wait until 9th January .
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Well, treo have burnt a lot of cash - the question is - was some of it on one or two handsets designs in the previous quarters? While it wouldn't be surprised if the cash strapped palm actually recycled the treo pro or similar design to save development costs, it would certainly kill the "wow" factor in terms of the mass market appeal.

It's certainly going to be a long wait until 9th January .
    Your using the Samsung? I have the Samsung Ace I-325 for the interim

I would have bought the the Treo Pro (with the Palm OS) as an interim device, Window Smart Phone Professional is not as user friendly as the standard windows smart phones
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post

I would have bought the the Treo Pro (with the Palm OS) as an interim device, Window Smart Phone Professional is not as user friendly as the standard windows smart phones

just notice on engadget.com that the G2 may be coming out and it will have a desktop sync!!
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Yeah, I've really liked it (i780) it's been a cracking phone - light, good processor, comes with two batteries and a charging caddie.

As for desktop sync - I went over to hosted exchange server a couple of months ago and so wouldn't go back.

I sync the device for stuff like e-wallet but that's about it.

As for android having it - I would guess if there is demand someone will write a desktop app.