Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Story going up in a moment. Full screen + one-handed use == a GREAT form factor for me!
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    wheee! is it silly season again?!?
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
  3.    #3  
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2235-1.htm

Seriously, this has to be a Palm, doesn't it?
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    the keyboard is too palm-like not to be a palm. looks bigger & bulkier than current models, but i'm ok with that, since i carry it in a bag & not in my pocket. i'm really hoping this is the new linux os & not winmob.

this is so exciting!
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    wheee! is it silly season again?!?
    YES! It totally is.

Updated story with a kb comparison. This HAS to be Palm.

The only question left to me is whether or not this was one of the devices that Rubenstein put on the chopping block or if it's actually going to come to market.
    The 2 buttons on either side of the pad make me wonder if they are softkeys (wm os).
    hmm...

Interesting either way.

Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    there was a description of a palm "Roteo" exactly like this in the future treos area.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    My gut reaction is "I hope it was a device on the chopping block."
    I'm just not too keen on this design.
    It may grow on me if there is some hook we're just not seeing yet.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    livefaith posted about this type of phone way back on 7/16 here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...39&postcount=3
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    i like the size of the screen & the fact that it looks like i could use this one-handed. not that thrilled with how thick it looks though. size/thickness reminds me of the treo 300. i also like how this has only one keyboard, unlike some of the sliders.
    I think it's ugly.
    Just call me Berd.
  12.    #12  
    It's not especially pretty, no, but I'm thinking it's pretty small, if a bit thick...
    Not attractive... to the same degree that the first Centro prototypes were, i.e. ugly. I hope Rubenstein gives it its "apple touch".
    Rough idea of closed version.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Either the hands are tiny or this thing looks huge.
    This must be the ugliest thing from Palm... ever. Goodbye Palm...

The good part is, it may be a concept or a college product design exercise (the tiny touchpad...).
    Game over!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Rough idea of closed version.
    Hm, I worry it's gonna be a little thicker than that..
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Looks like a cross between a white classic Zire & a white HTC Touch with a dash of Tapwave Zodiac thrown in for good measure. Ugh.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Hey. Maybe Palm is listening after all. Nice reference device it appears.

Thanks for the props TC.
    Patrick Horne
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    is it possible that the keyboard half is slightly smaller than the screen half & becomes recessed in the back of the screen when rotated closed? that could make it a bit thinner than it looks in the pic. am i being optimistic or wandering into fantasyland?
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast