Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I hate to say it, but that looks like crap.

It looks like a one of those old windows mobile 4 phones on a swivel.

And no, I'm not attacking you... just the phone... thanks for the post... I saw it a minute ago through darnel... I was looking at it wondering wtf.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    That looks like it has to be an early prototype because I don't know anyone that would want to buy that as it is.
    I don't care for the way it looks. If thats the new Palm device, eventually, I might have to move on.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I don't care for the way it looks. If thats the new Palm device, eventually, I might have to move on.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    I would have preferred for the device to be a "Slide-UP" design (so you can open it with one hand). Design wise it seems to be reminiscent of a bar of soap
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I agree, BaDZeD. Slide up you could almost live with. This rotating thing...no way you can do that one handed unless you were the state baton twirling champion back in high school!
    As someone said, earlier, the Iron Man movie showed a phone (which Tony Stark used) that flipped similarly. I think he did so one-handedly.

Here's a pic from this site: http://quityourdayjob.com.au/archives/1253
    Attached Images Attached Images
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    That looks like it has to be an early prototype because I don't know anyone that would want to buy that as it is.
    I know my Treo 800w looks a whole lot like the early prototypes for it... I think Palm is getting ready to release that and if I was into short selling, I'd play PALM.
    RU serious?, it looks like crap
    maybe it's got a switchblade like button on the side to rotate it?
    I have a feeling that you can fairly easily flip it open with one hand, and need two hands to close it.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    As someone said, earlier, the Iron Man movie showed a phone (which Tony Stark used) that flipped similarly. I think he did so one-handedly.

Yea, that was me too. I'm really hating on that swivel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I agree, BaDZeD. Slide up you could almost live with.

ala T3
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post

that's one of the verizon TV phones.

anyone ever use one in real life? does it open iteself?
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    maybe it's got a switchblade like button on the side to rotate it?
    Yea, Spring Loaded.
    Just call me Berd.
    C'mon Palm please say it ain't so! From the Treo pro to this... where is the innovation? Thin is in and from the looks of it this is thicker than the Treo 600.
    "To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail."
    ~Michael Jordan

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
    ~Author-Sir Colin Spedding

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, Money: Whence It Came, Where It Went"

Finally upgraded and dual-booting HP TouchPad running CM9. Look out world, here I come, ready or not! Now rocking the cancelled AT&T Pre3 no thanks to HP!
    THAT'S a big phone. Yep.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Ugly. If that's the best that Palm could do, it's time to close the company. It's hopeless.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    <merged>
    That looks like as big as the old wide BB phones. That's one ugly phone. After going thin, why go this way?
    Oh come on already. We can't be so negative about something that none of have seen for real. As we all know from shopping on ebay, pictures can be deceptive.

I say put it in a store and I'll try it. It may turn out to be really cool. I'm ready for something new.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmHead View Post
    Oh come on already. We can't be so negative about something that none of have seen for real. As we all know from shopping on ebay, pictures can be deceptive.

I say put it in a store and I'll try it. It may turn out to be really cool. I'm ready for something new.
    People were all over the boards saying how ugly the Centro was, based upon pictures. When it came out, folks calmed down. That's what'll happen with this one, too.
    Not a form factor I'd be interested in I don't think. Too bad the HTC Touch HD isn't coming to the United States. I'd switch.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers