Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50
  1.    #1  
    weird accent! from India??

    always create new case code, never found my info easily. almost yelling at me, when I asked is there any problem?? the guy just hang up the phone!!!!!

    I was too nice to Palm just for an exchange!! I was too nice!!!!!
  2. #2  
    I thought you were going to be smart and move on.
    Just call me Berd.
  3. CDG
    CDG is offline
    CDG's Avatar
    Posts
    467 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    weird accent! from India??

    always create new case code, never found my info easily. almost yelling at me, when I asked is there any problem?? the guy just hang up the phone!!!!!

    I was too nice to Palm just for an exchange!! I was too nice!!!!!
    Interesting!!!. They have beeen very nice everytime I have called, very polite and helpful.

    Yes, I though you were moving on also.
  4.    #4  
    lucky, charlyee! Continue to enjoy the wonderful service and product!!!!!
  5.    #5  
    call 877 426 3777 NOW!

    the guy promised to transfer to other dept, just lost connection again!!!!!! what the hell!!!!!!!
  6. #6  
    I guess I'm lucky me too.
    They were nice and quick to provide a solution.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 01/27/2009 at 02:14 AM.
    Just call me Berd.
  7. #7  
    Try calming down before talking to customer service. Not only will you get increasingly aggravated but they will too, if you communicate only in anger. And the result will be both sides pissed off. This is true for any company, not just Palm. If you're still not getting any satisfaction even after calming down with customer service, consider filing a BBB report.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8. #8  
    I did the online Palm support yesterday, and didn't seem to be getting very far. I tried to report a bug in the camera software, but I don't think I got my point across. The person was very nice, but gave me fairly superficial answers like "Palm thanks you for this very important information." Oh well, I won't be expecting a patch anytime soon.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
  9. sansnil's Avatar
    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Try calming down before talking to customer service. Not only will you get increasingly aggravated but they will too, if you communicate only in anger. And the result will be both sides pissed off. This is true for any company, not just Palm.
    So true - I find you generally get what you give with customer service. And judging by the tone of some of the posts above I could see what a customer rep wouldn't put up with it.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    I did the online Palm support yesterday, and didn't seem to be getting very far. I tried to report a bug in the camera software, but I don't think I got my point across. The person was very nice, but gave me fairly superficial answers like "Palm thanks you for this very important information." Oh well, I won't be expecting a patch anytime soon.
    Previously they were not helpful, but they were nice, at least from my experience; but recently, they were not helpful and not nice!

    I always treat people the same way they treat me. If they start to bullshxt, yell or hang up in the middle, I cannot put up with it!

    The only mistake I made is "didn't return treo pro within 30 days".

    And the big mistake that palm made is " didn't allow me to return", leaving an angry customer outside is dangerous...
    Last edited by treopq; 12/03/2008 at 05:20 PM.
  11. #11  
    Hate to say it, but I have to agree--Palm service leaves a LOT to be desired (I'm trying to be nice here).

    My pro suddenlty stopped syncing yesterday. No explanation, it just suddenly is not being recognized by my computer. Or any other computer I tried it on.

    Anyway, after spending an hour on the phone with palm support, I was told they had determined the device was defective. Then, to my amazement, I was told that because I had not purchased the phone through PALM directly (I bought it new, in box, from a computer vendor on Ebay), the 1 year warranty was void.

    Very matter of fact. Sorry, Sir, you have no warranty.

    Needless to say, I was displeased, and tried escalating the matter to a superior. Of course, no one was available, and they are supposed to call me back in "24-48 hours"
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    weird accent! from India??

    always create new case code, never found my info easily. almost yelling at me, when I asked is there any problem?? the guy just hang up the phone!!!!!

    I was too nice to Palm just for an exchange!! I was too nice!!!!!
    Don't be so mad... I have had similar support experiences with other companies - Nokia, Mot, even BB too. Outsourcing tech support to India is not new, remember Dell's very poor tech support from India?

    I recently found my TP had a crack, had an online support discussion, then was given a SR# to call for tech support. The first three tries I had someone with so much accent that I could not even understand their agent ID#. I simply said "thank you" and hanged up, then tried again, again, and again until someone spoke "English" got on the phone and resolved my issue. (Thank God it was a toll free number)

    The key to "obtain" better support is to be polite, if you don't get what you want, hang up and try again... It is not ideal, but what are the choices do we have as gadgets consumers? Not much... The grass may not be greener on the other side... I have tried enough gadgets and learned the lesson the "expensive" way...

    Good luck and happy holiday...
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by publicid View Post
    Don't be so mad... I have had similar support experiences with other companies - Nokia, Mot, even BB too. Outsourcing tech support to India is not new, remember Dell's very poor tech support from India?

    I recently found my TP had a crack, had an online support discussion, then was given a SR# to call for tech support. The first three tries I had someone with so much accent that I could not even understand their agent ID#. I simply said "thank you" and hanged up, then tried again, again, and again until someone spoke "English" got on the phone and resolved my issue. (Thank God it was a toll free number)

    The key to "obtain" better support is to be polite, if you don't get what you want, hang up and try again... It is not ideal, but what are the choices do we have as gadgets consumers? Not much... The grass may not be greener on the other side... I have tried enough gadgets and learned the lesson the "expensive" way...

    Good luck and happy holiday...
    I tried multiple times, but still feel like in a remote place in India... can they give the jobs to Americans?!
  14. #14  
    Something bothers me actually. How many non-Americans think Americans have "weird" accents, I wonder? Foreign accent might be a better term. I'm sure Indian accents are NOT weird in India. Just a thought, remember the world ain't revolved around the US as much as we seem to think so.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Something bothers me actually. How many non-Americans think Americans have "weird" accents, I wonder? Foreign accent might be a better term. I'm sure Indian accents are NOT weird in India. Just a thought, remember the world ain't revolved around the US as much as we seem to think so.
    Yea, Forners shuld not be anserin fones!
    Just call me Berd.
  16. T-ulk's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Something bothers me actually. How many non-Americans think Americans have "weird" accents, I wonder? Foreign accent might be a better term. I'm sure Indian accents are NOT weird in India. Just a thought, remember the world ain't revolved around the US as much as we seem to think so.
    couldn't have said any better then this!
    don't want to divert the topic into something else but i sometimes feel Americans have very diff (weird) pronunciations for some words (like hot, schedule etc.)
    from my past experience i don't think CS is in India and i also read somewhere online.
    @treopq -- if accent is ur main problem then u can try calling palm corporate (located in US)? and if ur experience does not change then we all know where the prob is!!
    Last edited by T-ulk; 12/03/2008 at 09:11 PM.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    I always treat people the same way they treat me. If they start to bullshxt, yell or hang up in the middle, I cannot put up with it!
    That's your problem right there.

    You can usually get just about anything you want if you are patient enough and nice enough. Sometimes you have to put up with crap from the line grunt who's just trying to do their job and get through the day in order to get to someone who can actually help you. But guess what? If the line grunt tells their boss (and they usually will) that you were a jerk or were yelling at them, then their boss (99 times out of 100) will not be inclined to help you.

    I've worked at several call centers (including Sprint) and this is the way it's always worked. I've watched (well, listened rather) my bosses turn around and give hundreds of dollars worth of credits/reversals when the customer was clearly in the wrong because the customer was nice. I've also seen them stick to policy and refuse any credits because the customer was a ****.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Something bothers me actually. How many non-Americans think Americans have "weird" accents, I wonder? Foreign accent might be a better term. I'm sure Indian accents are NOT weird in India. Just a thought, remember the world ain't revolved around the US as much as we seem to think so.
    Hey, I think a lot of American's have weird accents, and I live here.

    I think part of the problem with Indian accents is that their native tongue doesn't have the same sounds/pronunciation as English. You see this in various languages (such as Spanish and pronouncing hard G's). It's made worse because you have Indians teaching Indians English.

    My last boss was from India, and even after working under him for 2 years I sometimes had difficulty understanding him, and he'd been over here for quite some time.

    All that being said, x2 on the approach of simply hanging up if you get someone you can't understand. When it happens to me that's generally the approach I follow. Trying to work with them usually ends up with frustration on both sides, which is not the way to get a happy resolution.


    And maybe I've just been lucky, but the two or three times I've called Palm I've never had any problems understanding them. One of the reps may have been Indian (it was hard to place his accent), but the other two didn't have much of an accent at all.
  18. #18  
    Do you at least inform them you can't understand them and perhaps ask for someone else before just hanging up? The only time someone should hear a click in their ear is if they really did something rude or wrong. Having an accent is neither. I don't think people remember that there are actually other people on the line. Sometimes CS is guilty of this too, so it can go both ways.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  19. #19  
    A few thoughts:

    I have found Palm tech support to be generally extremely nice but also almost never helpful. The level 1 support you get is basically reading from a script and most of us on here know more than them and have already came here for an answer. So by the time we call most likely level 1 is not going to be helpful. My Palm tech support success came from a level 3 tech in Florida--who was great but it required plenty of patience and ingenuity on my part, which I can deal with but others might not have the resources to handle. Personally, I don't think I should have to be more capable than another guy to get what is right--but Palm is not alone in this area.

    As for the accent--I think if I am in the US and bought a US product from a US company with a US warranty I should be able to easily understand the person I call using a US phone number for support. If I were in India visiting that is a totally different issue and if it were hard to understand someone then oh well. I think the use of "American" in this post is not meant to imply that non-American is sub-standard but more that we should be able to understand a tech support person if we aren't a world traveler. And lastly, the overseas long delay and inability to talk unless the other person is sitting there quietly doesn't help as it seems like you can spend a great deal of time talking over each other.

    Some on here have said things that have gotten me p**sed off but I try not to get dragged into the barbs...
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Do you at least inform them you can't understand them and perhaps ask for someone else before just hanging up?
    If I don't have time to wait for someone else I'll tell them that I'm sorry, but I have to call back later. Otherwise I'll ask them to transfer me back into the queue.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions