1.    #1  
    My Treo 650 bit the dust yesterday and I relly don't like the Centro. I am stuck with Cingular/AT&T and am wondering what the best Treo you can get that will work for Cingular. Also when will a new Treo offering be available.
    You have a choice of the Centro or wait until mid 2009 for it's replacement running Nova. Otherwise you can look into a WM phoe or a Blackberry.
    get a treo 680
    THere are some pretty reasonably priced Treo 680's on ebay. I just bought my girlfriend a COpper Treo which was nice.
    If you want palm OS than get the 680. If you like WM than get the 750. I personally am staying away from the Treo Pro until the cracked case issued is fixed. I have a 750 and the wife has a 680, I personally like the 750 hands down.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Best Palm OS-based GSM Treo: 680
    Best Palm OS-based CDMA Treo: 755p

Best Palm OS-based smartphone (GSM or CDMA) if you can live with smaller screen, keyboard, stylus and battery capacity: Centro

My recommendation is to snag a new Centro (either unlocked in white or an AT&T branded version) from palm.com during their big black Friday $100 off sale
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Quote Originally Posted by Facci View Post
    If you want palm OS than get the 680. If you like WM than get the 750. I personally am staying away from the Treo Pro until the cracked case issued is fixed. I have a 750 and the wife has a 680, I personally like the 750 hands down.
    EXACTLY my recommendation! The 680 is the best for the Palm OS I've ever used. And for Windows Mobile fans the 750 is awesome. Both are as stable as any phone I've ever used, and for Palm that's saying something.
    Quote Originally Posted by pz7pvq View Post
    My Treo 650 bit the dust yesterday and I relly don't like the Centro. I am stuck with Cingular/AT&T and am wondering what the best Treo you can get that will work for Cingular. Also when will a new Treo offering be available.
    Well I've tried every new Treo & Centro over the last two years.
    I have to say no improvement, over what I have. As they say, you'll have to pry my 700p "out of my cold dead hands"!

I've had people, as just one example, crying that they had to pay 30$ for the same SD card that only costs 13$ for the 700p..
    The regular SD size thing you know. But Treo 700 on Cingular not sure? The thing is I've had people that didn't know what they were missing with the 700p because some networks don't have live TV etc. They didn't even know it could do such a thing.

680 sounds good as a fall back

Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by positron View Post
    Well I've tried every new Treo & Centro over the last two years.
    I have to say no improvement, over what I have. As they say, you'll have to pry my 700p "out of my cold dead hands"!
    I agree... maybe I'm just lucky, but I have few crashes (maybe one a month) and my 700P just keeps on going. 2 years and 7 months so far. I have a Blackberry for work, and just don't like the OS/PIM interfaces. Windoze Mobile doesn't do anything for me. I would like to have a better browser and GPS, but I'm gonna wait 'till 2009 and see what develops.
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
  10. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I may be the only one, but I find the Treo 800 the best phone yet. I have had everything since the Treo 300.
    I've had Palm since 96 and got my first Treo (a 270) in 2003. I got the Treo 650 but was fussy with software and often used to reset for no apparent reason. I've now got a Treo 680 and love it. It is so reliable. My battery life problem has gone away and I am now getting used to no antenna.

My opinion based on cost and reliability: Treo 680

waltherg22
    3Com Palm Pilot > USRobotics Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Zire 21 > Handspring Treo 270 > palmOne Treo 650.

Current Device:
    Palm Treo 680 [Unlocked/Unbranded]
    BlackBerry 8820 [Unlocked]

Current Plan:
    O2-UK Simplicity 15 a Month.
    400 texts and 200 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhn View Post
    I may be the only one, but I find the Treo 800 the best phone yet. I have had everything since the Treo 300.
    I second that. I've had most versions of the Treo, & the 800 is terrific.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhn View Post
    That may be, but the OP is locked into AT&T and as far as I know, the 800 won't work with AT&T.