Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I thought this was a good time to go back and review some FCC filings Palm had back before the Foleo was announced.

Here's the old Treocentral article: http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/1217-1.htm

http://treocentral.com/images/admin_...1180410879.gif
    http://treocentral.com/images/admin_...1180410840.gif
    http://treocentral.com/images/admin_...1180411408.gif
    http://treocentral.com/images/admin_...1180411311.gif
    http://treocentral.com/images/admin_...1180411440.gif

Now we know that part of that article was about the Foleo. But these images of foldable displays, their promise of a groundbreaking device, rumors that the next device will be nothing like whatever is out there... as a solid Palm fanboy, i can't help but be excited... i know that's RARE to feel nowadays, but what could Palm's OTHER device be? They have always said that the new OS will be for a different range of devices.

Forget that Palm is losing money.... What other trick can they pull out of their hat?
    Hopefully Palm can pull the ultimate "Game Changer" out of that hat.
    Happy Turkey Day to everyone!.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Forget that Palm is losing money.... What other trick can they pull out of their hat?
    I'm guessing a purple Centro?
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by guggie View Post
    Hopefully Palm can pull the ultimate "Game Changer" out of that hat.
    Happy Turkey Day to everyone!.
    Gotta have that gamechanger. A whole new gamer to change the game. if palm's game stays the same, and nothing changes, there'll be no game changer to change the game.

The new, the revolutionary.....

Palm gamechanger.
    Like no other....

(lol. I have to poke fun at the ubiquitous term "gamechanger". Its everywhere these days.)
    Forget the gamechanger, Palm needs to get back into the game period! With rumors of Microsoft's "Pink" smartphone looming what will Palm have to fallback on for the next 6-8 months? Centro II?, Foleo 2.0? Just give us a little hint please....
    Last edited by JackisBack; 11/28/2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: missed word
    "To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail."
    ~Michael Jordan

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
    ~Author-Sir Colin Spedding

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, Money: Whence It Came, Where It Went"

Finally upgraded and dual-booting HP TouchPad running CM9. Look out world, here I come, ready or not! Now rocking the cancelled AT&T Pre3 no thanks to HP!
    er.. a White Treo Pro?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I am ready for some change....

But what is the question. I have been driving a Palm since the T180. I like it, it works, I like the form factor etc. But I am ready to move on.

the TPro looks nice...but I've read enough to know that as good as it is, the WM OS is still the limiting factor of sorts and I just don't want to give into any more M$oft products.

So PALM...(picture grown adult sitting on Santa's lap), can you give us a glimpse of what the future holds for me? Do you really have a device in the works that will bridge the BB (coporate) world with the iphone (consumer) world. I really want it...and can wait til' spring...but I don't want to keep this up if all I am really doing is waiting with Linus in the pumpkin patch for the Great Pumpkin.

Skigs
    My heart goes out to ya, skigs. I wish there were some encouraging news to break here.
    Sometimes no new is good news. But who am I kidding. I really hope Palm plans to give some kind of product update by the end of the year.
    JasonRM79

Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750
    That fold-able display would be an amazing design if Palm could pull it off. It may be a little bulkier then the iPhone or the Treo Pro but as long as it is still pocketable i would love to see that form factor.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    What I'd like to see is an 800P. Everything the 800W has but with POS (a little more memory and better battery life wouldn't hurt either ).
    800p? How about the Treo Pro instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    It would be nice, but everything that the Treo Pro has but with POS will have to wait for the mythical Nova device.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    Treo Pro with POS would be great, but it also needs to be CDMA. It'd be pretty tough for me to give up my unlimited Sprint data for the $10 a month I'm spending now.
    Treo 800w or Treo Pro running POS would be Old hat. The Form Factor has been done and it would be an evolutionary design.

Palm needs to create the design that others will emulate in the same fashion that the Treo 600's design has been the building blocks for every Treo, Centro, Motorola Q, Samsung blackjack, and Black Berry.

Apple has that now with the full touch screen and one button. Palm can copy Apple's iPhone or create the next hardware platform.

Tim
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  16.    #16  
    WHat if the Centro2 will be the 800w body with Palm OS? People would still buy that.
    The POS on the 800w body would sell. But it'll never happen since Palm cannot get Wifi and Cell radios to play nicely
  18.    #18  
    Who wants to bet on foldable screens? If there was a game changer, that would be it... read the article form post #1 more closely. None of the devices we have discussed so far are close to that.
    Who wants to bet on foldable screens? If there was a game changer, that would be it... read the article form post #1 more closely. None of the devices we have discussed so far are close to that.
    That would be amazing. I'd buy that phone in a heartbeat if the software compatibility is there
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
  20. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    If Palm make a foldable screen, I'll print out and eat this thread with Tabasco. They've got no R&D budget to speak of and when was the last time palm did anything that we could call real innovation? the treo 600? Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

POS? SOS (Same old sh*t) more likely.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast