1.    #1  
    sorry for the attitude bust i just test drove a blackberry storm and wasn't to impressed, very laggy OS and many more smaller details. Why doesn't palm turn the T|X into a phone? if thats what people want give it to them! make a stupid keypad along with keeping the graffiti... it has wi-fi..

I don't know.. i just want palm to step it up but it's prob to late. After seeing the storm and being unimpressed i'm just pissed at how good palm was YEARS ago and way ahead of everyone.

Cudos to Apple, cudos to RIM... FU Palm and your California money spending on nothing attitude. Is it me or do most tech companies in Cali just suck money away at a faster pace then others?

My company just merged with a company in Cali (for the 3rd time) and we are laying off 75% of the staff out there as all they do is pay ridiculous rent and eat out lunch on companies dime EVERY DAY. Along with getting overpaid and doing 1/2 the work we do. But it's great weather out there!! lol

ok enough of my ranting
    That's what Apple did- make a 2-handed, single tasking TX. I've been saying that for a year now.
  3.    #3  
    they are just a bunch of idiots with no foresight, waiting to be bought out so the board of directors can make money... and everyone else loose a lifetimes worth of work... F U Palm.. it's WAY to late already
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    they are just a bunch of idiots with no foresight, waiting to be bought out so the board of directors can make money... and everyone else loose a lifetimes worth of work... F U Palm.. it's WAY to late already
    Yep. Agreed. I have no love for the clowns.
    sorry for the attitude bust i just test drove a blackberry storm and wasn't to impressed, very laggy OS and many more smaller details. Why doesn't palm turn the T|X into a phone? if thats what people want give it to them! make a stupid keypad along with keeping the graffiti... it has wi-fi..

I don't know.. i just want palm to step it up but it's prob to late. After seeing the storm and being unimpressed i'm just pissed at how good palm was YEARS ago and way ahead of everyone.

Cudos to Apple, cudos to RIM... FU Palm and your California money spending on nothing attitude. Is it me or do most tech companies in Cali just suck money away at a faster pace then others?

My company just merged with a company in Cali (for the 3rd time) and we are laying off 75% of the staff out there as all they do is pay ridiculous rent and eat out lunch on companies dime EVERY DAY. Along with getting overpaid and doing 1/2 the work we do. But it's great weather out there!! lol

ok enough of my ranting
    <my-opinion>

You do realize that a large chunk of the technology comes out of Silicon Valley? Apple is also based in California.

I also resent the "California money spending on nothing attitude" comments...

I hate to be labeled as a fanboy-ex-Palm-intern-make-an-excuse-for-them person, but the "they should DIE because they are not giving ME what I want" posts are getting a little ridiculous...

</my-opinion>

Now, with experience from the tech industry, there are very legitimate reasons that companies do not share every little detail of their work.
    * There is IP behind many activities that competitors would LOVE to get a hold of to put any company out of business.
    * It takes a lot of time and money to share details of every step.
    * This is technology. Things change very very very quickly. If any company were to share what they do they would receive so much of the same crap for their actions.

I can't change your opinion, or decisions about what technology you spend your money on, that is yours, but I can ask that you *please* show your disdain for any tech company's actions in a more respectful manner. And never loose faith.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  6.    #6  
    understood.. and i def see your point. But barley any changes for 3+ years, management being turned over new guys coming in.. Somewhere someone only cared about their own pockets... and thats usually a handfull of guys/gals at the top. From being in the tech industry no matter how big/small at the end it's only a few people that have the final word.

I'm just mad that the blackberry storm has a laggy OS and craftmanship is just not that good at all and is completely sold out because there is a market of people that don't want the iPhone "toy". I'm mad that palm has done nothing, after seeing the Treo on Entourage people ran out in droves to get it.. that was 4 years ago. Trust me, management/board has been sucking the company dry. And that has nothing to do with you.. nothing you can do about that.

Same goes for my company, my boss doesn't know anything yet he gets a 20k bonus, i ask for a raise they act like they just got shot!! LoL

Hindsight is 20/20 i know and understand that but there are posts on here from YEARS ago asking for innovative and evolutionary changes.
    Last edited by antonio3; 11/23/2008 at 06:06 AM.
    understood.. and i def see your point. But barley any changes for 3+ years, management being turned over new guys coming in.. Somewhere someone only cared about their own pockets... and thats usually a handfull of guys/gals at the top. From being in the tech industry no matter how big/small at the end it's only a few people that have the final word.

I'm just mad that the blackberry storm has a laggy OS and craftmanship is just not that good at all and is completely sold out because there is a market of people that don't want the iPhone "toy". I'm mad that palm has done nothing, after seeing the Treo on Entourage people ran out in droves to get it.. that was 4 years ago. Trust me, management/board has been sucking the company dry. And that has nothing to do with you.. nothing you can do about that.

Same goes for my company, my boss doesn't know anything yet he gets a 20k bonus, i ask for a raise they act like they just got shot!! LoL

Hindsight is 20/20 i know and understand that but there are posts on here from YEARS ago asking for innovative and evolutionary changes.
    That's typical management. I would like to comment on Palm's management, but I signed an NDA and I am not a Palm spokesperson.

Regarding few changes in 3+ years: change takes time. Sadly, I cannot comment on the change that Ed keeps talking about either. Sometimes you go three quarters the way down the wrong path until you realize that it was wrong. I spent the last 10 months realizing that I was going at life and school the wrong way. Sadly, I won't see the result of the academic changes for another 6 to 9 months.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.