1.    #1  
    Namco has a mobile game I have been waiting for for some time, but its not available on the Palm. Ive never really downloaded any apps like this before, but this is one I really want. Its available on a TON of phones, and Im not sure if the programmers had to change the code for each model or not, but is there a way one can make it work on the Palm?
    whats the game?
    Palm Centro (VZW)
    W/ 1GB SDHC
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cybereclipse View Post
    whats the game?
    Rolling With Katamari (made by Namco)

http://www.namcogames.com/mobile/rol...mari_4945.html

Its the 5th game in the franchise. I played the hell out of the 1st two. No joke: over 200+ hrs per game. Those were on the ps2, and I dont have a PSP or an xbox360, so i havent played the iterations released on those platforms.

This would be the first cellphone game that made my pants bigger. I do have to say that I feel really bad for Kieta Takahashi, the games creator. He hates games, and set out to do something totally unique. after the first one he said he refused to make a sequel. he didnt want it to turn into a banal, meaningless franchise. so they found other people to do it. However, every game after the first one uses the same graphics, interface, story, characters and everything as the others, and they were all designed by someone from the original team. they just made levels bigger and in new enviornments with clever missions. each game has remained fresh while not straying from the original. which is rare. each feels like a new game, yet its very familiar and comforting.

anyway, the game has a massive massive cult following.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I'm not really familiar with the game but have you checked out the Palm official website? I guess if you can't get it free you'll probably have to pay for it. Just my 2 cents.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiffer View Post
    I'm not really familiar with the game but have you checked out the Palm official website? I guess if you can't get it free you'll probably have to pay for it. Just my 2 cents.
    no. what i mean is that its not published for the palm. its not available at all. IF i did this, that is, IF i knew how (i dont), i would recode to the palm instruction set, and port it myself (no, i wouldnt sell it or give it away to anyone....just for my own use).

since namco didnt officially release it for the palm, and im desperate for it, i was wondering if there was a way to get it on there without recoding it myself? i know that violates the terms & agreements, and i wouldnt redistribute it in any way...

i just feel like the treo is a neglected device and it sucks that so many titles arent made for it. they have 5 boring titles for the palm on the site.

i feel like veruca salt. i want it, and i want it now. this game is MY golden egg
    Last edited by Helo Darqness; 11/20/2008 at 09:54 AM.
    is there a Java version?
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Helo Darqness View Post
    I was wondering if there was a way to get it on there without recoding it myself?
    No and recoding wouldn't be possible without the source code, unless someone was to write it from scratch!
    I think the only way would be to buy a phone that it is available on and buy it for that. That phone may need to be active, but you can maybe find a cheap one on ebay that still works great.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    I think the only way would be to buy a phone that it is available on and buy it for that. That phone may need to be active, but you can maybe find a cheap one on ebay that still works great.
    yeah im thinking for a pay as you go plan. the ONE issue is that there are additional downloadable levels that are free once the purchase is complete. so I dont want to rack up a million charges. I already have an unlimited plan with sprint...i have no idea what they charge for downloading stuff.
    how about a phone emulator on the PC for a platform you are intersted in playing and then just play it on the pc inside the "emulated" phone?
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by car_designer View Post
    how about a phone emulator on the PC for a platform you are intersted in playing and then just play it on the pc inside the "emulated" phone?
    you know i was thinking there would be an emulator online because there are actually a TON of phones not supported. More arent then are. So its not just the Palm thats ignored.

but ive never had a phone emulator.

Where do i get a non-buggy one?

And how do I get to play the game on my PC without a phone to play it on?

I know it sounds stupid, but I am actually really desperate to play this. For me, this is The Dark Knight in IMAX of cellphone games. so im very eager to do whatever i need to.
    Um.. A crazy looking thing that rolls around on a table picking up crumbs? That's what you're lusting over? Wow.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Um.. A crazy looking thing that rolls around on a table picking up crumbs? That's what you're lusting over? Wow.
    you obviously dont get it. first of all, there is a MASSIVE cult following. just type in "katamari" into google image search. Traveler's Insurance even had a commercial based off the game.

Secondly, its not just a thing that picks up bread crumbs. In the console version of the game, you start out small enough to pick up bread crumbs, but you end up being big enough to roll up entire countries. its very zenlike.

you dont get it, so i cant and will not explain it. we all have our things. this is my thing. i dont have many things either. this just happens to be one little geeky thing i enjoy.

dont knock it if you dont know what it is. i really dont know what the point of your trolling post was, but it really doesnt matter why i want it, does it?

pretend its an app i want for my palm
    Last edited by Helo Darqness; 11/23/2008 at 08:11 PM.
  14.    #14  
    http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...m_katababy.jpg

how can you insult this face?

/not my kid
    //this is what the main character looks like...TONS of people crochet katamari headgear....

and cute girls like it too

http://cache.kotaku.com/gaming/images/hats.jpg
    Haven't heard of the game before, but you might try to searching to see if its supported via LJZ emu:

http://little-john.net/index.php

maybe you can find a snes rom and play it that way on your palmos device...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Haven't heard of the game before, but you might try to searching to see if its supported via LJZ emu:

http://little-john.net/index.php

maybe you can find a snes rom and play it that way on your palmos device...
    nah, thanks man, that seems like a wonderful site, but so far theyve had 2 PS2 games, a PSP game, and an Xbox 360 game (this is the 5th game in the series), so its not one of the platforms on that site. so khaytsus doesn't realize this is a money-maker for Namco. Its revolutionized the gameplay interface. The ps2 controller has 16 buttons overall. the katamari series doesnt use a single button! not even the start button. all you use are the analogue sticks...even at the startup screen.

anyway, ill favorite this site, but sadly it wont be there. im sure someday it will be online, or ported either officially or clandestinely.
    e

edit: ill mention it on the forum of that site. thanks again
  17.    #17  
    just for the record, Namco just released an different edition called I Love Katamari for the iPhone.

Although it seems like a port of the Katamari Mobile game that was an exclusive release for the Panasonic P904i, which was in Japan only. That phone also had an accellerometer, though it wasnt touchscreen. The videos on youtube of each seem to be nearly identical.

All Im saying is...its about damn time its on the iPhone and maybe its coming to Palm. (the whole game is about rolling a ball, so the interface is perfect, though ive read ILK has a lousy framerate)
    ----

while Im here: is this fake//how did they do this:

Quote Originally Posted by Helo Darqness View Post
    just for the record, Namco just released an different edition called I Love Katamari for the iPhone.

Although it seems like a port of the Katamari Mobile game that was an exclusive release for the Panasonic P904i, which was in Japan only. That phone also had an accellerometer, though it wasnt touchscreen. The videos on youtube of each seem to be nearly identical.

All Im saying is...its about damn time its on the iPhone and maybe its coming to Palm. (the whole game is about rolling a ball, so the interface is perfect, though ive read ILK has a lousy framerate)
    ----

while Im here: is this fake//how did they do this:

The Palm platform is dead. Nobody is going to develop for or port to a platform that is at best a legacy. If Palm demos Nova at CES 2009 that will be the final nail in the old Palm OS/Garnett's coffin. The hot platforms now are Apple/Mobile OSX, Blackberry, and Symbian. Windows Mobile, while not "hot", is definitely an industry leader as well. I don't call WM hot, just big.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    which game java or flash version