Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    the 2 computer sync dance is a bust. how well does syncing with google calendar, contacts, etc work for you?

    or is there a 3rd party app that will sync outlook (or any other PIM--I'd be willing to switch just to get back some of that good Palm OS functionaloty that I took for granted b4 moving "up" to Win Mobile
  2. #2  
    Have you considered an Exchange server? I'm currently syncing my pim data on both a Centro and a Treo 800w (two flavors of operating systems!) to one Exchange server. Works flawlessly.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Have you considered an Exchange server? I'm currently syncing my pim data on both a Centro and a Treo 800w (two flavors of operating systems!) to one Exchange server. Works flawlessly.
    "Considered" a server? Where would I find one? I thought that was something running on corporation servers. Is this something I can just install?
  4. #4  
    It usually resides on corporate servers. There are serveral services out there that offer exchange server accounts. Some are free. Some are pay.

    One thing I found that worked was to properly setup the syncing software and conflict resolution. On both computers, set up the sync directions appropriately and then change the conflict resolution from duplication to one overriding the other.

    Examples: my work computer has two way syncing. My home computer has the handheld overwriting the computer for calendar and tasks but notes and contacts are two way syncing. On both computers I have conflicts resolving to handheld overwriting the computer.
  5. #5  
    http://mail2web.com has a free exchange server. You might want to give it a try just for the feel. (I used it as my jumping off point for Exchange.) I'm now using http://4smartphone.com which syncs both my phones and my Outlook (on 3 separate laptops).
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    One thing I found that worked was to properly setup the syncing software and conflict resolution. On both computers, set up the sync directions appropriately and then change the conflict resolution from duplication to one overriding the other.
    Are you saying that you have gotten your device to sync with more than one computer using WM 6.1?
  7. #7  
    I'm using SyncMyCal Mobile to sync directly with Google Calendar and Contacts. No PC required.
    Have to say their tech support is looking a little iffy though.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by joel65203 View Post
    Are you saying that you have gotten your device to sync with more than one computer using WM 6.1?
    I use Palm OS and had similar problems. My coworker however does sync his phone to two computers. He's got a very similar setup. Two way sync on the one and mix of overwriting and conflict management on the other one.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    I use Palm OS and had similar problems. My coworker however does sync his phone to two computers. He's got a very similar setup. Two way sync on the one and mix of overwriting and conflict management on the other one.
    Well that is a completely different situation. IN fact, even WM 6.0 is different. This is a WM6.1 issue.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    http://mail2web.com has a free exchange server. You might want to give it a try just for the feel. (I used it as my jumping off point for Exchange.) I'm now using http://4smartphone.com which syncs both my phones and my Outlook (on 3 separate laptops).
    I am thinking this is the only option. I just signed up for mail2web. Interface isn't perfect, but workable. Plus the treo will still synchronize with one of my computers.

    Obviously, I am stuck with not being able to sync all my computers with the free web version. But what are the other advantage of a paid deal like mail2web, or the one you are using? (ie, why did you change providers?)
  11. #11  
    I changed providers for a total exchange experience (boy, does that sound like a paid advertisement!). I now have 3 separate laptops with Outlook all syncing to the Exchange server, and both a Palm os Centro and a WM Treo syncing to the same server. I don't ever plug the Centro into any of the laptops, yet the data is all always in sync. While I keep the WM Treo partnered with the main laptop so that I can also sync data for eWallet and Vehicle Manager, I don't actually go through the traditional sync process at all anymore - at least on any kind of regular basis.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I changed providers for a total exchange experience (boy, does that sound like a paid advertisement!).
    yeah, sure does...but I know what you mean. I thought that was probably the reason. The web Outlook interface is not very flexible or nice looking either, but I think I will live with it for a while - free is good. But have all three of my machines sync'd all the time is awfully attractive.

    Thanks for the quick reply.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    I use Palm OS and had similar problems. My coworker however does sync his phone to two computers. He's got a very similar setup. Two way sync on the one and mix of overwriting and conflict management on the other one.
    Switch to Chapura's KeySuite. All your syncing issues will be resolved.

Posting Permissions