1.    #1  
    I have a magicJack. I've been using call forwarding and when people call the magicjack number, my Treo rings just like they called my Treo number. I prefer not to have my Treo number linked to my magicJack number if possible, though.

I'd like to try and just get the wav files sent by e-mail. Right now I just check e-mail online at yahoo, but I'd like to set up a push e-mail. I'd be alerted right away when a message was left, right? Can I conveniently listen to the wav file on the phone?

I have an escalating safety issue, and am trying to be as safe as possible and would really like to keep my Treo number secret if possible.
    For push email on a Palm os Treo, your best bet is Chatter email with an IMAP server that supports idle. Then you can conveniently listen to the wav from your phone.
    Except that many phone systems that forward wav files do it in a codec that a standard treo cannot play. You may need special software like mvoicemail.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
  4.    #4  
    Is mVisualVoiceMail the updated version of mvoicemail? Has anyone used it?

Having versamail automatically check the e-mail every few minutes will use too much battery and interfere with pdanet. I guess the best is to check e-mail frequently?