Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Folks, the Death March is on.

Google has already made its vote.

It does not list Palm other than Windows Devices on its site now.

http://www.google.com/mobile/

Yahoo has spoken too.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go/phones

Nothing on Palm OS Period. All on Windows Pocket PC.

The Hand Writing has been on the walls for quite some time.

The Industry has been saying for the last couple years that Palm is Dieing.

Heck even my Company has Completely Dropped support for Palm OS Devices.

Is there anyone that a Major Company that Still Supports Palm OS Devices other than the Cell Companies that have to? Or the few developers that have continued to keep the Oil Burning?

This OS is in the Critical Care Unit Right now. It has a heart monitor on it as well as an Artificial Breather.

I am a solid supporter of the Treo Line. However, Unless Palm Opens their Closed Mouths NOW to say there IS something in the wings and that it is NOT a small release, and that IT WILL Support the history of the past Palm OS devices, then I say it is time to look elsewhere.

Windows Pocket PC, Android, Black Berry, Symbian, or iPhone seem to be the options.

I for one am tired of not being able to automatically switch to WiFi when it is available and to cleanly and easily surf the internet.

I know the laundry list of Palm OS Apps I have will be VERY Difficult to replace.

So what I am going to do is list the got to have apps and see what OS actually supports these apps other than Palm and seriously look to see what the options are.

Right now off the top of my head the options appear to be Windows Pocket PC or iPhone. Android is spiffy, but has a complete lack of apps available for it. I realize it is very early on for Android. But I have been holding on for so long in hopes that Palm might actually Wake Up and stop the Zombie.

I am beyond tired of seeing Palm Devices that are running Windows Pocket PC.
    Cary Conover
    Principal Systems Consultant
    Friend of Bill W. and Dr. Bob
    309-550-2877 Cell
    AIM - cdc6000x
    ICQ - #16279059
    T-Mobile 3095502877@tmomail.net <<---- Easiest method to contact me.
    Yahoo - carydconover@yahoo.com
    Hotmail - caryconover@hotmail.com
    I predicted an announcement of dissolution in July of '09. That might also be one of acquisition just the same following your post regarding Korean influences in the mixture here.

Care to wager a guess when Palm comes forth with such news?

I suspect they will make one final push to drive whatever NOVA has become out the door in the confines of some new hardware rendition.

Its going to exhaust whatever precious little they have left to execute at that time. While loyal palm users will give it a chance, the economic climate coupled with the intense competition will cramp its returns. Feeble marketing campaigns will further hinder their hopes.

The economy is predicted to worsen until early 2010. How a small company on the ropes as it is can survive those types of waters without a rescue package is beyond me.

I think it is understood in many smartphone forums ( ie. engadget.com) that we are probably seeing the final gasps at palm.

The question is when and following what kind of release.
    Quote Originally Posted by carydc View Post
    Folks, the Death March is on.

Google has already made its vote.

It does not list Palm other than Windows Devices on its site now.

http://www.google.com/mobile/

Yahoo has spoken too.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go/phones

Nothing on Palm OS Period. All on Windows Pocket PC.

The Hand Writing has been on the walls for quite some time.

The Industry has been saying for the last couple years that Palm is Dieing.

Heck even my Company has Completely Dropped support for Palm OS Devices.

Is there anyone that a Major Company that Still Supports Palm OS Devices other than the Cell Companies that have to? Or the few developers that have continued to keep the Oil Burning?

This OS is in the Critical Care Unit Right now. It has a heart monitor on it as well as an Artificial Breather.

I am a solid supporter of the Treo Line. However, Unless Palm Opens their Closed Mouths NOW to say there IS something in the wings and that it is NOT a small release, and that IT WILL Support the history of the past Palm OS devices, then I say it is time to look elsewhere.

Windows Pocket PC, Android, Black Berry, Symbian, or iPhone seem to be the options.

I for one am tired of not being able to automatically switch to WiFi when it is available and to cleanly and easily surf the internet.

I know the laundry list of Palm OS Apps I have will be VERY Difficult to replace.

So what I am going to do is list the got to have apps and see what OS actually supports these apps other than Palm and seriously look to see what the options are.

Right now off the top of my head the options appear to be Windows Pocket PC or iPhone. Android is spiffy, but has a complete lack of apps available for it. I realize it is very early on for Android. But I have been holding on for so long in hopes that Palm might actually Wake Up and stop the Zombie.

I am beyond tired of seeing Palm Devices that are running Windows Pocket PC.
    The industry has counted out Palm a looong time ago and what you're saying isn't really all that new or recent.
    There's already a place for all these Palm predictions of when they will go out of business. Go over to palminfocenter.

Now as far as reponsing to this thread, looks like javaFX mobile might be on new Palm.
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I think they will go bust in march at the latest - look at the numbers, they have nothing left.
    Oh, man, this is so much better than the supposed 'Roteo' form factor, too bad its a Nokia patent:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadgetm...vel-patent.jpg

I'd so much rather have the keyboard always visible and have the option of the large screen, rather than the large screen always visible and the option of a keyboard.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    yes, yes, sad but true- everyone wants the miracle and no one has any faith in it.

"Welcome to the real world" Morpheus
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    qua?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12