1.    #1  
    SquareTrade Research: Treo Not as Reliable as iPhone in 1st Year

Well, seeing that I'm on my 2nd Treo 800w, cough, cough...

And I did have a Treo 600, that had to be replaced, cough, cough...

No comment .
    I actually think that many "malfunctioning" Treos are actually software related that neither the owner nor Sprint stores know are causing these problems. I know my first three "bad" Treos were returned and replaced because of what I now know were third party software problems rather than phone related problems. Up until this newest iPhone they didn't allow third party software so they didn't have too many problems. I know many, many people who have their original 650s, 700s, etc., because they don't know anything about third party aps and the phone are exactly as they were when they came from Palm. Now, let's see how the iphone does the next 12 months when they allow third party programs (which I still think you have to download from them, but not sure).
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I don't know about that against the iPhone, Darnell. My first generation has taken a beating and still works well, but there are LOTS of complaints about the 3G iPhone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    The Treo Pro is the first phone I've had to send back in years because of physical faults that should have never have got through QA (i.e. dead pixels and malfunctioning buttons). Other's posts here would suggest that's not uncommon. No such troubles with other HTC devices (apart from software), yet strange if they come out of the same factory? That suggests Palm are costcutting a little too much. The Centro is the creakiest thing alive. I've not had a hint of trouble from either gen of iPhone.
    My wife and I are on Treos 2 yrs old and still going and we have a ton of apps installed.
    I think most of the problems are software related. Treos need a little more finess when you start adding applications.

I have had hardware and physical problems with mine though. Keyboard buttons going out etc.
  7. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    I think most of the problems are software related. Treos need a little more finess when you start adding applications.
    IME software issues are no worse on the Treo than any other smartphone, including the iPhone. Stability wise, the TP seemed better than most in the short time I had it. But software is only 1 of 5 categories where Palm comes out worst, with the touchpad/keypad/screen category being top of the list. Mind you, with all the recent reports of cracks showing up, one has to wonder whether antenna/casing/hardware will be at the top in the next survey...

Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    I have had hardware and physical problems with mine though. Keyboard buttons going out etc.
    There you go then, join the club
    I was glad to see Treos in the news until I read the title more carefully :-(

See:
    http://gizmodo.com/5084145/blackberr...ess-than-treos

My Treo 270 was a nightmare (multiple breaks to flip-phone). I can't recall what problem I had with the 600 which required it to be replaced (worked out well; I got to resell the new phone on ebay when they sent me the replacement). My 650 was starting to be troublesome when I finally got my Centro. So far the Centro is a year-old and doing fine.