1.    #1  
    I plan on getting a Centro from Verizon soon and was wondering about picture messages. I don't want to get a data plan, so I'll choose the pay-as-you-go option. I have the unlimited text/pix/flix plan already, but I'm confused on if I'll still be charged for data when sending/receiving pix/flix? The description on the site states "MMS capable" or does that mean "MMS capable w/ data plan?" Thanks for you help.

Also, I know you can turn off the automatic receiving of pix and what not (the prompt when connecting and hitting no/cancel), but I still feel I should be able to receive the pic. I'm still on the original unlimited plan, $5/month, and think it's kind of dumb to pay the .015/KB (pay-as-you-go data rate) for a single pic, then costing me another $3 or so. If this is the case, I think verizon should recognize the issue and reimburse customers who want the phone for its PDA qualities and not the internet capabilities.
    I think your best bet is to ask Verizon.

In other news, welcome to the world of smartphones. I would highly recommend a data plan. The Centro is far more useful with a data plan.

Also, you will probably get more and better responses if you put the question in the thread title. Something like "Picture messages on Verizon without data plan."

Not to mention the fact that there is a forum for CDMA phones, where you might get a better answer, too.

Good luck!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.