Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Looks sexy, but I gotta have my keyboard...
    I agree I have to have a full keyboard. Maybe it does have a full in screen keyboard? It's good to see another phone that works with the Palm OS. I just wish there were more coming out.
    lol ALP is still alive? Anyrate its a bad design decision to make it so similar to the iPhone. If you make the hardware so close to the iPhone you basically compete with iphone's software headon.

And we all know iPhone has excellent software. The biggest weakness is in the hardware (battery, no memory card, no button etc.)
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    lol ALP is still alive? Anyrate its a bad design decision to make it so similar to the iPhone. If you make the hardware so close to the iPhone you basically compete with iphone's software headon.

And we all know iPhone has excellent software. The biggest weakness is in the hardware (battery, no memory card, no button etc.)
    It's for a different market; the iPhone is very expensive in Russia* and for many people, looking similar enough to impress your friends / colleagues / customers is far more important than how it works.

*it's hardly cheap in the UK either meh.
    We'll see what happens in the US. This Nova people are talking about better be a game changer. I was thinking Treo Pro or 850e for Sprint users until I saw the BB Storm. Never wanted a BB until I saw this one. I will do a compare but I'm not sure if the Treo Pro will get me to stay with Treo's and Palm.
    And just when you thought the rumour mill was quiet Trenoauts has this bit - another ALP phone coming to ATT?

http://blog.treonauts.com/2008/10/mystery-new-pal.html
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Swiiiiing! ;-)
    phone drops in the water, crashes to the ground or whatever. I want to pop out the card, get the new phone, pop in the card, restore and be on my way. I want to seamlessly take what's on my phone and put it on any computer that's in front of me (microsd card + adapter + card slot or USB adapter). I want the ability to throw the microSD card in the adapter and put it in my camera, snap a few pics and put it in my phone to send the pics somewhere (email, website, facebook, whatever).

There is zero justification to not have an expandable card slot. We already had to go from uber cheap SD cards to microSD cards because the industry wanted smaller products and the smaller cards allowed for that. Now that those cards are a standard for phones, they make "smartphones" without the card slot. I can see why Apple does it. God forbid they make anything expandable to allow the user to add more memory to their CURRENT product and not UPGRADE (ie: give them more money) to get more content on their device. Blackberry got it right with the Storm (great non-hard key keyboard from the reviews and for those clamoring for a thumboard). HTC Touch Pro has one.

I wouldn't buy a new phone that didn't have a card slot on it. At the very least, I would not depend on having to go OTA to restore my data.

Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    What about wirelessly? Bluetooth, Wifi etc.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    As for me, I'd just like to backup and restore from "the cloud"
    But seriously I see your point. I myself am heavily reliant on backup sets on my SD using NVBackup. I backup these backups on my PC just to be on the safe side.
    Never lost any significant amount of data since using Palms from 1997.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I wouldn't buy a new phone that didn't have a card slot on it. At the very least, I would not depend on having to go OTA to restore my data.
    I agree with you but I also wouldn't buy a phone that didn't have a user replaceable battery. Nor would I buy a phone that didn't have a Quad-Band GSM radio or an unlocked (or easily unlockable) SIM card slot.
    Good stuff. Thanks for sharing the info! Hopefully Palm will come out with something new and better soon. Hopefully Sprint will pick it up when it comes out sooner rather than later.

RIght now choosing between the Treo Pro and Blackberry Storm and the Storm is winning....
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post

You forgot to mention the lousy software keyboard. Just garbage compared to my beautiful Treo hardware keys.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12