Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by positron View Post
    Hello, I posted about this months ago. Back when this new format started. It's not your device. Here's link to post hope it explains or helps...
    There is no "new format". This thread is about downloading podcasts, which are almost always MP3 files. A few podcasts are also distributed as AAC files.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I used to do this all the time on my Treo 650, but it's been a while. I'm using a 755p now and I don't recall how I was able to choose to download audio files, as opposed to streaming them through the Treo.

I'd rather not be at the mercy of a computer and then have to transfer the file(s) so if anyone can tell me how to make this happen, I'd appreciate it.

Sometimes I get tired of streaming certain sources through Kinoma 4 EX (or is it EX 4) just to get interrupted and have to start over. Sometimes it's preferable to do what I used to do - download the audio file to the phone, then play it with PTunes or something. That way it would play in the background and resume after interruptions.

(By the way, I use the standard version of PTunes and am not really considering purchasing the Deluxe version.)

Thanks in-advance.
    It's not anything you are doing and it's not your device. I posted about this months ago back when these different types of downloading problems started on many sites. Here's link to past post.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=164694

There is less and less access for downloads and other net services accurring frequently. The problem is to make money for new updates and programs. Also to make the Internet pay meaning the plan is to generally stop it from being free. And understand, some post members on Treocentral are part of this, to stuff their pockets.

--Even if it means destroying the Internet as a free informational and communication avenue for all Americans!--

Good Luck.

Positron
    Last edited by positron; 10/21/2008 at 05:55 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12