Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Is the 755p gonna be the last "full size" Treo that runs the Palm OS??
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
  2. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    Is the 755p gonna be the last "full size" Treo that runs the Palm OS??
    It sure looks that way. We can hope that Nova will include devices like it, which is probably the best bet. For now, still TBA...
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Hopefully, Palm will go multi-device with Nova. If it truly is to be for consumer devices . . . they will have to consider at least one device with a larger screen . . . . . . . or I certainly will not be back.. . . . . . the Tungsten T3 and iPhone screens are where I want to be.
    I'm with you Bro.
    It's been 12 years since I started with these devices (Palm Pilot) and these eys of mine aren't getting any stronger.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    That sucks people. I like the formfactor of my 755. I've been with Treos since the 600 dropped. To me, the centro's form factor sucks. I'm a power user and I, like most of you love the bigger screen. The need to come with another Treo with the same formfactor as the 755, crank up the resolution a notch, drop in a 3mp camera, increase the frame rate of the video capture, give it the ability to read a 16GB micro-sd card, give it the abilty to do realtime GPS without a reciever, MAKE BLAZER BETTER, and figure out how to make Wi-Fi work in the Palm OS enviroment, and that would be the PERFECT Treo right? lol
    and figure out how to make Wi-Fi work in the Palm OS enviroment, and that would be the PERFECT Treo right? lol
    Can't be done with Garnet on a phone, but the Nova phone will no doubt have all of the features of the Treo Pro. It must also have a larger screen if Palm wants have a successful pro-sumer model with it's own OS.

I can dream, can't I.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Where can I get more info about this Nova?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Good Luck this year with your Tigers . . . . . 3-0 !!
    Tks Perry
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Where can I get more info about this Nova?
    There is not a lot of concrete information except that it is linux based, will have an internet emphasis, will almost certainly have an emulation layer to run PalmOS applications, may have a development kit available early in 2009 and possibly appear in mid-2009.

It will power one of Palm's 3 tier model structure [Windows (Treo Pro), Nova (??), Garnet (Centro)]

More information here... Nova article
    Last edited by johncc; 10/17/2008 at 06:43 PM.
    I am really a fan of the Treo 680/700/750 form factor. I am about to upgrade my mobile after my last one died on me, and I am confused between a Centro and Treo 680. But since I like the look of the 680 I am going with it.

I know how people say that Centro is looking "Hip" compared to the 680, I just can't like it!

Hope Palm lunches at least one Nova-Based Smartphone that looks like retro as the 680!
    The problem is that most people are screaming for the smallest, thinnest possible devices & the companies are actually listening. Very few people still like the chunkier form factor. I don't see the appeal with these minute phones though- I don't wanna have to squint to make out miniscule yet super hi-res letters on a screen the size of a postage stamp.

I'm scared. I love my 755p's size & I'm hoping & praying that future offerings will at least be CLOSE. I had a Centro for several months before my 755 & it was just too damn small. I nearly gave myself arthritis trying to text, and I have the hands of a 9-year-old! I can't imagine a big guy trying to use that tiny keyboard.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Perry, is this more of what you had in mind for a future Palm device?

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/New-...le-a_3327.html
    if it has a vibrate button on the top then yes
    I've enjoyed your posts over the years and am happy to see you continue contributing in this forum.
    My dream machine would stay with the Palm OS and include a larger screen but keep the keyboard. My 755P is one fine machine and the seamless hot sync with Palm desktop is a thing of beauty. I'd love to see this combination continue into the future. Wishful thinking? Time will tell.
    Come on Perry, let's see 8000 posts!
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Perry, is this more of what you had in mind for a future Palm device?

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/New-...le-a_3327.html
    That would be an amazing phone!
    Kyo 6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Centro -> (?)
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    The phone looks like an enlarged black domino with a touchscreen. But it looks great nonetheless.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    well the nova expirement was pushed back from early 09 to june of 09.
    lets see if it get thrown even further if our economy is still in the crapper, lol
    That sucks people. I like the formfactor of my 755. I've been with Treos since the 600 dropped. To me, the centro's form factor sucks. I'm a power user and I, like most of you love the bigger screen. The need to come with another Treo with the same formfactor as the 755, crank up the resolution a notch, drop in a 3mp camera, increase the frame rate of the video capture, give it the ability to read a 16GB micro-sd card, give it the abilty to do realtime GPS without a reciever, MAKE BLAZER BETTER, and figure out how to make Wi-Fi work in the Palm OS enviroment, and that would be the PERFECT Treo right? lol
    AMEN!!! I agree. I wish the Treo Pro ran the Palm OS instead of WM. I hate WM. I really hate it since I am a Sprint user and cannot personalize the darn phone. I'm holding unto my 755p for as long as I can unless somebody comes out with a non WM OS phone similair to the Treo or at least another cool design.
    Palm had better get on the ball with Nova(aka Palm 2.0). Everyday new cellphone players are innovating and bringing fresh products to prosumers everywhere. Palms needs to deliver a game changer in the near future!!!
    "To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail."
    ~Michael Jordan

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
    ~Author-Sir Colin Spedding

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, Money: Whence It Came, Where It Went"

Finally upgraded and dual-booting HP TouchPad running CM9. Look out world, here I come, ready or not! Now rocking the cancelled AT&T Pre3 no thanks to HP!
    Quote Originally Posted by JackisBack View Post
    Palm had better get on the ball with Nova(aka Palm 2.0). Everyday new cellphone players are innovating and bringing fresh products to prosumers everywhere. Palms needs to deliver a game changer in the near future!!!

Agreed. The smartphone market is really crowded. Palm would have to put out a great phone (whenever they get around to it). I just cant get excited over WiMo to buy The TreoPro
    Quote Originally Posted by JackisBack View Post
    I agree 150%. I love my Treo 755p...and I think the Treo Pro (otherwise for Sprint 850e) should be pretty cool. I had a dislike for Windows Mobile so that did keep me with the Plam based OL but after talking to members of tech support from Sprint they were telling me about a back end way they could help keep my phone personalized. This has me thinking other phones if Palm doesn't hurry up.

I was all set to get the Treo Pro until I googled the Blackberry Storm. Liking that phone from what I cam see. I will compare it to the Treo Pro and I may just have to switch. Of course if Palm does come out with something great Nova? then I could perhaps wait. Never wanted a BB until I seen the BB Storm.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast